New user looking to drop a bunch of weight

Options
Horrorfox
Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
Hi folks!

I broke a rib in October of last year, and because of not being able to train (weight train and brazilian jiu jitsu), I fell into a big hole of eating bad for many months. I got comfortable with all the salt, sugar, and carbs that I just couldn't get back on the wagon. I ended up gaining about 60 lbs. in 7-8 months. I finally mustered up the willpower to get off the bad food, and I have been doing well the past month. The gym I had been waiting to open up, finally did so last Thursday, and I can get back to weight training.

I don't have a picture of me right now, as I refuse to take photos at this weight, lol. But this is a picture of me around this time last year, which I hope to get back to as soon as possible.

t1qp3jzoz51k.jpg

Feel free to add me as a friend, as I hope to be inspired and inspire other people in turn. I'm also a fountain of information, as I have a lot of training experience.

Replies

• KAWittler1970
    KAWittler1970 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels i do karate and had an injury that kept me off the floor and i gained 30 lbs now i have to try and get back on the band wagon to
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels i do karate and had an injury that kept me off the floor and i gained 30 lbs now i have to try and get back on the band wagon to

It's the worst! All my hard work and dedication thrown away because of a few months of ice cream and pizza. Not being able to train got me depressed, which lead to eating, which made me fat, which made me even more depressed. Ate because I am sad, and sad because I ate bad. What a vicious circle!.

Oh well, I'm putting it all behind me and just taking a big leap forward, and not trying to look back. I hope you find that motivation too!
  • exuberant30
    exuberant30 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You've already made the biggest step in getting back to your training and hitting the gym.
    It's far easier to stay sat on your bum bum so give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy your journey in becoming the new improved you
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Add me .... Love ppl with motivation
  • bl0nde_ambiti0n
    bl0nde_ambiti0n Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to add people on here.. I just started today but feel free to add me.. Could definitely use the motivation