What's your biggest challenge in losing weight?

Options

Replies

• natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! :P
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    emotional/stress eating!
  • SignpostPsycho
    SignpostPsycho Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Getting BORED OUT OF MY MIND. I've jogged outside and inside. My workout playlist is over 100 songs. I've done Julian Michaels videos, dancing, Zumba, P90x, rock climbing, yoga...Nothing ever sticks for more than a couple months. Then I stop working out because I dread it so much and fall into old habits and pack the weight back on.
  • tashakalo
    tashakalo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Getting BORED OUT OF MY MIND. I've jogged outside and inside. My workout playlist is over 100 songs. I've done Julian Michaels videos, dancing, Zumba, P90x, rock climbing, yoga...Nothing ever sticks for more than a couple months. Then I stop working out because I dread it so much and fall into old habits and pack the weight back on.

Yeah, that's why I prefer gym classes or buddy workouts - it's more of a social event rather than "working out" for me. I've only been at my gym for a month and already I have a "gym clique" of people I'm excited to see during lunchtime workouts. Do you work out alone or with other people?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Eating
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    Patience is mine. I must remind myself that while losing it fast is good for my confidence, losing it slowly is good for my long-term future.

Yes, me too. I'm incredibly impatient.

Also, tiredness is a big one for me. I have a 13 month old who still wakes at least twice a night. I haven't slept all night in over a year! I am exhausted. I also have a 6 and 4 year old, plus I work part time as a teacher, so I am tired, and busy.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I guess for me I can't find a happy medium, I am either 100% on or so off with my eating. I need to figure out a way to have the things I like in moderation and not go all crazy in the process....like 1 oreo means 1 oreo...not 4-5 :( I also have such a big sweet tooth, and also love salt....
    I would also like to become a morning workout girl!! I don't work until 9, so when I get into bed I need to put my phone away and go to sleep. No FB'ing, no MFP, just sleep!!
  • HummingNutter
    HummingNutter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Stress Binge eating.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Wine... and food in general. I love to eat. I like rich delicious food and wine. Did I mention wine?
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Being strict about measurements. I do way too much "eyeballing" and saying "Well, I bet that was about 1 serving of ____" and then logging it. I'm sure I'm not being precise enough and eat over what I should (to some degree), and if I do that too much, then shedding the weight becomes much more difficult.
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I start thinking of food all the time like I'm starving. I'm eating enough but my mind set gets negative towards food. I also love to have my beer (that's my German blood) Eating too much sweet stuff is another problem so I came up with the one bit per day rule for ice cream and other tasty snacks so I have a stop point. I really just think of when I get to eat again and how much all day long..
  • SignpostPsycho
    SignpostPsycho Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    tashakalo wrote: »

Yeah, that's why I prefer gym classes or buddy workouts - it's more of a social event rather than "working out" for me. I've only been at my gym for a month and already I have a "gym clique" of people I'm excited to see during lunchtime workouts. Do you work out alone or with other people?

In the past I have had friends join me at the gym, but the only person who has stayed fairly consistent is my fiance, and he ONLY lifts.

Currently, I've moved across the country pretty much straight out of college and I only know two people here besides my fiance- neither of them want a gym membership. My apartment complex has a small gym, but I haven't seen anyone using it yet besides me. I do plan on joining an actual gym with classes once we are able to afford a car for me, and hopefully when that happens I can join a class!
  • LisaRoloff
    LisaRoloff Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    at the moment, keeping myself in clothes that don't look like they are hanging off me and I am dressed like a freaking clown. *sigh*
  • amobailar
    amobailar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My challenge is the weekend. I do pretty good during the week but I'm a weekend warrior and sometimes I can't stick to my diet on the weekends. I seem to gain any weight I lost during the week on the weekends. Ugh.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating and my sweet tooth. I get sugar cravings like crazy.
  • skydogg8701
    skydogg8701 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine is excel use. I broke my back at the end of '99, & can't walk more than 20 metres without being in a lot of pain. Excercise is a no-no. Makes it hard. I used to play a lot of sport, before the accident. Since the accident, I watch a lot of sport. Doesn't help to shift the weight doesn't watching!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    alcohol and "junk Food"
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    tashakalo wrote: »
    For me, I can't seem to handle myself when I eat with friends, coworkers, etc. If I'm out with friends (or if my boyfriend brings a pizza home, which is often) - I just go NUTS and eat everything in sight! When I'm by myself, though - it's a lot easier to stay on track with eating clean.

Exactly the same for me! I do a lot better when I'm on my own. When I go out to meet my family for a party or get together I don't go crazy, but I'm not nearly as diligent as I am at home.

For example, we went out for Father's Day to chinese. It took me 5 days to recover.

Plus chocolate and other assorted candy. LOL

• momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    For me, it's the weekends. I am so good during the week but the weekends are so hard for me. That and tracking. I hate logging my food.
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ladybg81 wrote: »
    Emotional/ binge eating.

This!

I am getting better at staying aware of what I'm eating and why. Also, I know exercise isn't needed to lose weight, but I need it to get fit as I lose weight, and I get so bored walking and doing exercises at home with no equipment. I need some equipment at home to use to give me some variety. Unfortunately, I'm on a very tight budget. I really want this so I've made some cutbacks that are incredibly difficult and I'm hoping to have enough saved by September to make a purchase.