What's your biggest challenge in losing weight?

Options

Replies

• ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead and sticking with it. Too oftne I get busy, delay eating and then get way too hungry to make good choices, especially if I'm out. Gets me every time! The difference is now that I log, at least I stay 100% accountable for all my food choices and don't fool myself into thinking that just because I was REALLY hungry the calories don't matter.
  • racheln2017
    racheln2017 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Definitely keeping for the long haul. I have a nasty habit of getting into something and then just getting bored of it one day, out of the blue. It's also hard because I'm honestly so lazy and unmotivated sometimes. I feel so bad about myself if I don't workout or if I binge but I do anyways. It takes me a solid hour to motivate myself to work out, which is frustrating.
  • tonyafokas
    tonyafokas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Binge eating after several weeks of doing well because I just want to feel full... Feeling satisfied and feeling full are very different for me, and I miss feeling full sometimes.
  • sunnerstar1
    sunnerstar1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think comparing my results with those of others is my biggest challenge especially if my food intake and exercise have been on point and my results aren't as visible as those who are starting to implement the habits I practice. It's tough not to and to remind myself that body's aren't always the same. The comparison can make me slack off for a bit which postpones my possible "results" in the long run.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I am a volume eater - I like large portions and feeling full. I combat this by eating lots of low calorie veggies along with my dinner.

Also, snacking in the evening in front of the TV. I'm currently working on this and doing much better.
  • moosiemom
    moosiemom Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1. Sweets.
    2. Weekends.
    3. Having to rotate who cooks for dinner at our house -- My aunt, my cousin, my husband and I take turns cooking/buying dinner every night. My husband and I are pretty healthy eaters -- so when it's our turn, it's usually something relatively healthy. But when either my aunt or my cousin cooks/buys -- it's usually not the kind of food I'll be proud to log. But out of fairness, politeness, and courtesy... we still eat the food they prepare. But a few times when I can't do it anymore... I'll bust out my "left-over" salad on their nights and say I just have to finish it before it goes bad.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is not eating (or drinking) too many calories.
    Yep, that's pretty much it.
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    vacation
    visitors
    me
  • alyfrancis582
    alyfrancis582 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is money. I am a poor college senior and Ramen is a lot cheaper than healthy food. I'm also extremely busy. Oh, and I love nothing more than sweets. That's a struggle as well.

I'm a college student as well. It's actually a lot cheaper buying items in bulk and learning how to shop based on local sales. I'm able to eat comfortably on $30 per week, and that's with getting some of the brand name stuff!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Weekends kill my calories the most. I drink a beer and the it's two next thing I'm the tasmanian devil in the fridge...3000 calories later, I just start over again and try a different approach next time...I need to figure it out soon though, I already gained back 4 lbs in last 2 months...
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Also, stopping eating once I start... I end up eating 300 ish calories between breakfast and lunch and all the rest for dinner...
  • hannyzoe
    hannyzoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is trying not to eat my emotions, especially if I am in a good mood. I think "Im happy, I dont care about losing weight, Im going to eat several items from taco bell!" Also going to restaurants in general, I usually want to get something pretty unhealthy. I guess in short, self control.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My biggest challenge so far is when I find myself hovering around a weight for some time. I plateaued in the beginning of June and ended up not losing as much as I hoped for this month. That gets discouraging, but I still give it all I've got everyday!
  • ErizAF
    ErizAF Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest challenge is telling people around you about your goal and your commitment. When I say telling people I do not mean just telling them that you want to lose weight or that you just started a new program... What I mean is that people should ask for support from friends, family...
    It is very easy to lose focus when you are on a diet and your friends keep telling you to go for pizza or a burger. If you warn them and they are good friends, they will take into considerations and will not tempt you and that is a really good help that will direct you guys for success.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I have 3 young kids so my biggest challenge is fitting in exercise. I get away with running around with them and rough housing, but I truly enjoy my jogs without a kid in tow. ;)
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    finding and keeping my real motivation to lose weight - right now I think it's a touch of I'll show him. and the self perpetuating lazy cycle (I don't have energy to do x, so I have even less energy to do y). relearning body signals and portion control
  • zoomtech16
    zoomtech16 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Is food an appropriate answer?
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    alcohol, I love my wine and vodka but it's a calorie killer
  • leop123
    leop123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi

My issues is eating sweets once we go to bed :(
  • rgray1527
    rgray1527 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE junk food!!!! And sometimes, I just can't say no!