Best protein powder/shake

Options
Carrie_P81
Carrie_P81 Posts: 151 Member
I really need to up my protein but I have a hard time eating a lot of meat. But I haven't found a protein shake I can stomach. Are there any that don't taste like butt? ?

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I really like the royal whey ultra clean that gnc carries.
  • DianaSantoyo
    DianaSantoyo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Quest Nutrition Protein, they have a variety of flavors that you know! They also have protein bars & such. Give it a try!
  • travelgal59
    travelgal59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    EAS complete isnt bad. i add a few pineapple chunks and a couple cups of spinach and maybe a jalapeno(?)lol. the i whirl it into a smoothie. about 200 cal and 25 grams of protein.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Pes select snickerdoodle
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    EAS complete isnt bad. i add a few pineapple chunks and a couple cups of spinach and maybe a jalapeno(?)lol. the i whirl it into a smoothie. about 200 cal and 25 grams of protein.

I recently bought EAS the chocolate protein powder. It is DELICIOUS. I only need to add a bit of water to mix the powder up and add a bit of soy milk. Soo good
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I like Atain shakes by mecola(SP)? High in fiber and protein, mixes up thick.
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Atkins Chocolate Delight protein shakes. They taste great!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I quite like Isopure protein powder, cookies & cream. I was making it with skim milk but today tried it with almond milk. Delicious.
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love Isopure Zero Carb.... try Vanilla mixed with milk, a banana and honey.

Add a tablespoon of peanut butter if you like.

R
  • Capelobster
    Capelobster Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started using About Time (http://tryabouttime.com/shop/trial-pack/) and I really, really like most of the flavours I've tried from 3 sample packs I ordered. It's not overly sweetened and it has done well with a few pieces of fruit thrown in, just ice and almond milk, or with yogurt. Fav flavours so far: Birthday Cake, Mocha Mint and Strawberry.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just started using About Time (http://tryabouttime.com/shop/trial-pack/) and I really, really like most of the flavours I've tried from 3 sample packs I ordered. It's not overly sweetened and it has done well with a few pieces of fruit thrown in, just ice and almond milk, or with yogurt. Fav flavours so far: Birthday Cake, Mocha Mint and Strawberry.

I also just ried About Time protein - I ordered all of their flavors and I really liked their protein to calorie ratio - 1 serving contains 25 g of protein and only 100 calories - no fats no carbs. I also like that their product is all natural and made with only 5 ingredients. But, I cant stand their taste as they are very very bland. Cinnamon had some kind of chemical aftertaste. I guess if you mix it with some berries or fruit, then it might be ok. For now I decided to stay with Optimum Nutrition. For those that don't have many calories to go around, About Time might be a good supplement
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I also rave about the Isopure. I get the Low Carb dutch chocolate and mix with 8oz sweetened vanilla almond milk and 2oz water. It's amazing :smile: Comes out to 300 calories.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I also have a hard time with a lot of Protein shakes and recently tried and continue to use Sunwarrior's Clasic Brown Rice Protein shake. It is very easy to digest, tastes great without aftertaste and mixes smooth in just a regular blender bottle.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I really like 1st Phorm. It mixes really well and tastes so good. It's a little more pricey, but I'm enjoying it. Right now I have Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup and I use it to make protein pancakes and waffles. It has little chocolate bits in it!!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I'm a choosy mother on protein drinks

I have described some flavors of quest bars as not very turd like..

But I tried a new one this morning.

Optimum Nutrition, makes Gold Standard protein mix which is decent, they came out with a blatant copy of my fav Quest bar...

Mmmmmm

Cinnamon roll protein with thermogenics. Had a 2 scoop this morning in milk.

Not bad... Normal almost dissolved in a shaker small clumps. It does dissolve in blender, I know just not taking the time, so that was good.

Taste was pretty yummy.

I got a bag of dark chocolate since I love that

I would say quite a bit better than turd like and probably will mix awesome with a little fruit in a blender

Win!
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Whey Gourmet has great flavours... peanut butter cup, chocolate mint, etc. My Husband and I are currently using Kaizen Natural whey protein chocolate flavour, it's good.
  • leahannhorton
    leahannhorton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Vega One! The nutrition, aside from the protein, is hard to beat and it tastes great! It's completely plant based. 1 serving is between 160-170 calories and keeps you full for a long time!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Bare Blends! I love this one - it's dark chocolate and actually tastes like it. No weird chemical aftertaste. I have it straight but it's great in smoothies too. I made one this morning - banana, the protein powder, peanut butter and baby spinach. Tasted just like a choc-banana milkshake. It's not cheap but it's worth it to me.

http://bareblends.com.au/raw-dark-cacao-native-whey-protein-isolate
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Terra's grass fed whey in vanilla ~