Having a low-self esteem day

Options
I don't know if it's mood swings or what but I'm just not digging myself today. I feel sad when I look in the mirror....even though I've already lost a little over 20 lbs. I just feel so far from where I want to be.......this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    It can always feel really far away. Sometimes you also have the issue that you can feel caught between shores. You might be far from your goal, but at 20 lbs, you might feel far from who you were used to being, that there's a stranger in that mirror.
  • kwoolfwpfd
    kwoolfwpfd Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have days when I'm not close to the body I want to one day achieve. This sounds corny but be proud of yourself and what you have accomplished so far. 20 pounds is great. Sometimes it takes a bit longer then you expect but just remember to be proud of yourself for what you have done. When you hit another great milestone it will be another thing to celebrate. Work hard and you will be where you want!
  • Streeter204
    Streeter204 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It still happens to me as well, everybody tells me how good I am doing and how much better I look but I still see the fat guy in the mirror. Sometimes I feel like I am still so far away from where I want to be but I use that as fuel for my workouts. I focus it into kicking a little extra *kitten* on my next work out, just don't let the person you see in the mirror beat you! You got this!!
  • BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    So many pretty girls on here with self esteem issues. Y'all look good.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You might just need to get up and move a little, take a walk or something. Know you are doing great and look wonderful. Look online for some positive or inspirational quotes maybe. Keep up the good work, keep your chin up and it's a new day tomorrow. You can do it.
  • Heydew
    Heydew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I appreciate knowing I'm not the only one and the motivation really helps. Just got to keep working towards the goal and stay positive!
  • JRitaK
    JRitaK Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. It's almost a daily struggle for me and has been for many years. This time around I've lost about 30lbs and still have ultimately 40lbs to go to be at my goal. There are definitely times where I feel awful about myself. Then I realize that 30lbs ago I was so much worse. I just try to get back to being conscious of my eating and going to the gym and I start feeling better. Weight loss is far from linear. We'll all get there some day if we stay the course, no matter how many times we've fallen off. Because believe me, I've fallen many, many times.