The Old "Picture On The Fridge" Trick...

Options
PurringMyrrh
PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
Does/did anyone do this? If so, do you keep a current to remind you how you don't want to be, or a goal pic to remind you where you can be?

ETA: Heck, post up your fridge pic here if you wanna!

Replies

• elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    No, but I might take this idea... I took my first progress pics in the nude.... and I wouldn't want family seeing that on the fridge when they came over! I'm so ditsy I'd forget to take it down before company.. Lmfao.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I have something similar to this.
    a6ta5l4j7up4.jpg
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I keep a journal. I track my weight and measurements in ,set goals, and just vent. It has really horrible things i wrote in it and really great things. When i feel discouraged or frustrated i go back and read some of my entries from back when i started to remind me of how far i have come and where i want to be. Im not that negative person anymore and i dont want to revert back to bad habits.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I like that idea too, as well as the positive note thing above.

Although, the note thing would be hard for me because I'm such a self loather. I wouldn't believe it when I read it. A pic of happier, healthier times indicates that it's for sure possible to accomplish and I've done it before.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I did this for a while after I reached my goal weight a couple of years ago. I posted side-by-side pics of me at my heaviest and at my goal weight and captioned it "it's your choice." This worked great for a while. Then I was having someone over so I took it down and it didn't get put back up again. Also, after awhile I got so used to seeing it that it didn't really "register" any more.