Race For Life - UK

Options
Woohoo!! I've just signed up to do the Race For Life!! My first race since I started running november last year, I cant wait!

Is anyone else doing their first running race this year??

Sarah
xx

Replies

• SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Way to go Sarah! What's the distance for the Race for Life? And when is it??

PS - you're only 17 pounds away from your goal, girl! :)

- Ash
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    You'll love it! RFL was my first race and I've been doing at least one per year for about 15 years, when they were still a new idea.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hey hun,

Its a 5k on the 7th of June... I run further than that when I do a Club Run but I'm doing it with a friend and she doesnt run so, I wont be completing it in any record timing but its all for a good cause!!

Im excited!! Maybe next year I'll do a 10k?!?

xx
  • hayley_m
    hayley_m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i did my first race for life wednesday just gone!! i loved it! it was hard work but i did it in 40 minutes flat! ive never never never run outside before...in front of people!! i was nervous but i had some great friends with me and it was fun! we all kind of split after the first 1km and some went ahead and some dropped back but it didnt matter we all finished!! i cant wait to sign up for another one!! good luck!!
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oo me me! I'm doing the plymouth RFL on 19th June! I'm doing the C25K programme at the moment to get ready for it as my friends can already run so I want to be able to keep up!