Fitbit

Options
Hey,

I was going to buy a fitbit charge HR, but my phone (NEXUS 5) seems to have an issue with the all-day sync
(Fitbit says: "Using all-day sync may cause rapid battery drain in your tracker and mobile device. All-day sync is disabled by default and we recommend leaving it disabled.")

As this is my first tracker, I am not sure if this is a deal breaker. I am okay with losing the phone notifications on the band, but I am worried it may make the whole tracking scenario a bit tedious. Any Fitbit users around that can give me input? Would you say it's a dealbreaker?

thanks!

Replies

• kanerz14
    kanerz14 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't think so, you can manually sync as and when you desire.
  • GettingHealthyWithShelly
    Options
    I sync my fitbit twice a day. Once at 2.00pm and then again at 10.30pm I never use the all day sync.
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I sync my my fitbit through my computer only, not with my phone. Doesn't bother me a bit. I love having a fitbit, it really motivates me to keep moving.
  • fulltimelife
    fulltimelife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I sync my Fitbit Charge all day on my phone, tablet, and when I am at my computer. The battery loss isn't significant enough to worry about, and I am too lazy/ dont care enough to toggle on and off the sync. However choosing not to sync all the time would be easy enough fix. If I turn off bluetooth, it stops the sync.

I love my fitbit, and if I couldn't have all day sync or the phone notifications option, I would still love it. The information it provides on the app and website, along with the ability to join challenges, etc, has been instrumental to my progress. It absolutely motivates me seeing the number on my wrist.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have all day sync on my phone. I haven't noticed any difference in battery life
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I have all day sync on my phone. I haven't noticed any difference in battery life

Ditto