Enough is enough

Options
since having my daughter I have gained 2 stone. I hate looking at photos of myself, hate that I can't wear what I used to.. I wish I was strong enough to stick to a strict diet. But I'm just going to eat healthier, stop alcohol on weekends and hope for the best...

Replies

• loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    it's all about making little changes, and keep logging
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale. Weigh your food, and make sure you log everything. It's great that you identify that alcohol is a big contributor to your weight problem. Some people just won't identify that as a problem.

You don't need a super strict diet, but you should follow loose guidelines, and you'll find success.

Stay away from sugary stuff; juice, candy, bottled sauce (ketchup, etc).
    Processed foods are things you should also be wary of. They are filled with sodium, sugar, and empty carbohydrates. They will try to trick you into buying them because it says things like "Low Calories, low fat" etc. It's nonsense, and it's going to halt your progress.

If at all possible, try to home cook your meals with fresh food.

Good luck to you! You writing this is the first step. Time to take that next step.
  • Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post a couple of weeks ago!
    My little girl is 16 months old and I took action about 6 weeks ago so good luck! Record everything, even the days that don't go so well. It'll come off!