SOC Week 2

Options
Hey everyone! I hope your first week went well. Here are the results:
http://tinyurl.com/summerofchangedata
A few things about this:
-Remember to log in before Tuesday at midnight or I record the same weight for the week before
-If you have a negative number it means you gained weight (that's how excel records it)
-If there is anything wrong, message me ASAP and I will fix it

Here's this week's challenge... ENJOY! (And always remember to give suggestions)
5/25-6/1
Did you lose weight in the first week? If not, that’s ok! I didn’t. But if you did, AWESOME JOB!!!! Please keep it up, you are motivation for the rest of the team. At first I was really upset.. but then I realized that I have some work to do. There’s a few things I would like to do this week.
1. Go through your entire diary (it’s only 7 days) and see what you did wrong and what you did right. Literally write this down on a piece of paper. Then post on here at least 3 things (you can write more if you want!) you are going to change with your food diet.
2. Plan out your workouts for the week. Every day. Include at least one rest day. Also try to incorporate strength training and yoga sometime into the week. ADDITIONAL EXERCISE CHALLENGE: Go back through your workouts and see what you want to change.
3. We are going to make a team workout playlist. Either post on here, or message me your favorite workout song. Next week, I will have the entire list posted along with the new challenge.
Here’s a circuit I like to do:
25 Squats
20 Jumping Jacks
10 Forward Lunges on each side
20 Jumping Jacks
10 Calve Raises
2 mins of running in place
1 min of recovery walking

Replies

• kirstydoeslife
    Options
    1. I am going to try and get some more fiber into my diet! Hopefully without bread. I need to look at high fiber sources of food that are low in cals and carbs!
    I also need to look at getting some more protein into me! I'm a vegetarian, and don't seem to get all that much. Sugar free jelly is a personal fave of mine for getting the protein in - 8g for 36cals! But I need to up this a bit too..
    And I also want to start listening to my body a lot more. There were a few days where I ate even when I was full to get the extra calories in, or just because I wanted that extra bit of fruit - and I never feel great afterwards. So maybe managing this, and not eating when I'm full?

2. I don't schedule workouts. Haha. Sorry! I tend to do whatever I can fit in that day - I've got a busy uni timetable still! No holidays for me :P

3. All of my favourite workout songs are guilty pleasures. Not sure if anyone else will appreciate the amount of Miley, Selena, Demi and Vanessa Hudgens on my playlist :P But generally anything I can run to!
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    bump
  • Sarac715
    Sarac715 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What I want to change about my diet is less sodium and less treats, and more fruits and vegetables. I have been cutting out soda, even diet. So I want to keep that up! Although I have one planned for my lunch tomorrow. It helps me stay full on the days my calorie limit is really low.

I'm hesitant to plan my workouts because I think I injured my leg, so I am going to try to take it easy for a few days. Also, I am going home for the weekend, and I kind of have to see what I can fit it at that point.

My favorite song to start a run is paint the silence, by south. It really helps me set a good pace from the beginning. They also played it in the OC a few times :) Then I follow it with Mr. Brightside by the killers and then positive tension by bloc party and then it goes on from there. My workout mix has a little bit more idie/alternative rock on it.
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    GAAAAAAAAH!! I typed out a really long response to this earlier, and then the internet decided to die. It made me really mad so I went and worked out. Overall I guess it wasn't a bad thing. Now lets try to remember what I said...

I did lose, which was nice. Exactly 1.2 pounds, which is what is projected with my calorie intake. I recently upped my calories to 1400 a day, and it seems to be a good level for me.

1. My food diary....oops. I had a few off days, which are rare. But when certain occasions come up I don't think I really need to stress about calories. My boyfriend and I are semi-long distance while we're both home from school for the summer, so when he came out to see me we got dinner and I didn't wanna worry about calories. Same with this weekend when I was gone for my cousins graduation party. When I am home and on my normal schedule I am pretty good though. I log EVERYTHING and stay under my calories, but not too far under. I have been having issues with my carbs since i changed my ratio to 40/30/30, so that can be something for me to work on. And maybe trying to behave better on my off days, but I'm not too far from my goal so I'm not stressing too much.

2. This week is a bad one for me to plan my workouts. I'm leaving on a memorial weekend vacation to boston this saturday, so I'll be taking that opportunity to enjoy some delicious seafood and relaxing with my family. I'm sure I'll be walking around a lot though, so thats good! When I am home, I usually do either 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 before work in the morning, wakes me up and gives me energy for the day. After work, I have been doing strength training. 1 day upper body/abs, 1 day lower body/abs, 1 day off. On the off days I make sure to do more cardio and lotssss of stretching. I'm trying to focus most on toning this summer so that's my plan for now.

3. Hmm, I've got a workout playlist on my ipod, so here are a few of my favorites:
    Basshunter - All I Ever Wanted
    T-Pain - Church
    Mindless Self Indulgence - Shut Me Up
    OutKast - Morris Brown
    3OH!3 - Photofinnish

I had more on the previous post but that's all I can remember right now... When I'm stretching/less intense working out I love listening to Sara Barielles :)

Seems like not very many people are replying to this post! CMON GUYS!!!! =D
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Alright... From these past weeks, like two or three, I gained 5 pounds; not only from finals, but from graduation parties, and the sodas SLOWLY creeping back into my life.

1. With my food diary, I haven't been the best at keeping up with it. But from what I can tell you all, is that I am not happy with what I have been eating this week. So, with that said, more water, less (no more) soda, less chocolate, considering that it is TOM.
    2. This week, I plan on doing kickboxing at least 4 times this week, and a few pilates sessions, and walking my dogs all week. And with this holiday coming, although there will be lots of food and barbecue at my brother's house, I will be staying strong drinking water and limiting myself to the junk- adding walks in and playing with the nephews extra hard. Haha.
    3. Oh man. I love rocking on my iPod:
    - The Black Keys
    - Florence and the Machine
    - Adele
    -James Brown
    - The Bravery
  • ilikeowls
    ilikeowls Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Sorry I've not been able to do anything this week, it's been a touch stressful and I've not had a minute to do anything.

I've had exams, and been up and down the country and giving evidence in court, which was very scary and intimidating. Hence I've also been living off convenience food.

This week I'm back to it properly!

Bring on the challenges!
  • kayladiane5
    kayladiane5 Posts: 94
    Options
    Come on SOC! We need to keep up the motivation it's only the second week. If you guys need anything feel free to message me.
  • AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    1. I need to push my exercising a bit more, at times I am just phoning it in. Yesterday, I pushed myself running and it was amazing. I want to do that again.
    2. More fiber less sugar. Enough said!
    3. More healthy treats, I cheated on and off the last few days, and I want to stop that.

Exercise Plans:
    It will depend on my mood but I plan to continue my c25k training. I want to take another day or two on week 1. I can also do the full 60 seconds of running now, but I want to do it comfortably before I move on. I have to say, really proud of myself here, I had really bad asthma as a child and it seems I am growing out of it! I also want to get back into doing the 30ds each day. I will start my planning today and go through next Monday :).

Thursday 5/26: c25k, 30ds, zumba fitness (I try to burn over 1000 calories a day at least once a week, today is my push it work out day)
    Friday 5/27: c25k again, this is more for my back keeping it loose and not stiff because of a disk issue
    Saturday 5/28: Running, Yoga
    Sunday 5/29: Rest Day most likely
    Monday 5/30: c25k before working :)
    It sounds like a lot of Cough to 5king but it actually is to help my back muscles and keep them from tightening up on me so I don't throw my back out. I have to basically walk about a mile a day to keep them in good shape right now.
  • AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Guys just finished Week 1 Day 3 of Couch to 5k. I ran every time for the full time and increased from 15 minute miles to 12 minute miles! I am so pumped, hope everyone else can get this feeling this week! Get out there and find out what gets you pumped guys!
  • AllyV0621
    AllyV0621 Posts: 81
    Options
    All right, lets see......

I had a bad food week. So it's not in the least surprising that I didn't lose anything. But I'm not too upset about it, cause it IS finals week, and I'm stressed. I have one more final tomorrow. And Saturday is my suitemate's graduation party, so I know some serious damage will happen there.

My food diary issues......I guess my soda? I have 1-2 diet cokes a day. And I know, I've heard it all. "It's going to give you cancer." "It just makes you hungrier." But I just LOVE it. So I think I'll make one of my goals to drink one every other day.

Exercise: My college's gym closes on the 28th for a week, to clean in preparation for summer. I will be running this week. And doing crunches in my living room. As for changing my workout, I need to come up with a new route. My old one just isn't cutting it anymore. and I have GOT to find a way to figure out how far I'm really going.

I'm a pretty hardcore Christian, and I love to listen to worship music while I work out. I've found that focusing on worshiping Christ makes me forget how tired I am. Dwelling on the pure awesomeness that is his perfection and unbelievable love is invigorating, and I can always go longer and faster.
    My favorite songs:
    Forever and Ever by David Crowder Band. The beat is EXACTLY my running speed.
    It Is You by Newsboys. Has a great guitar line that is the main component of the beat.
    Every Move I Make by anyone! Haha, a lot of artists have a version of this song. I usually listen to the one by Integrity Worship Singers. It's fun because the chorus has a line about "every move," one about "every breath," and one about "every step." Perfect for running!
    I have a long playlist that I put on shuffle, but I'll just give you three :)
  • whiskyzee
    Options
    Food: I drink chocolate milk nearly every day after I work out, and although I go for the low-fat, organic kind, it’s a lot of sugar. I think I might start mixing it with regular milk to cut down on the sugar.
    I'm nearly always hungry, even though I eat a lot of nutrient dense food, so I’m going to try to work more fresh veggies into my meals. My goal is to try to eat 5 servings of veggies, and 5 servings of fruits every day.

Exercise: I want to push myself harder, work on my core and arms, and get my whole group to beat our 10k goals on Monday!

TH: Running, jogging stairs, calisthenics
    F: running or hiking (if the weather holds—calisthenics if it’s rainy)
    Sat: rest/walks
    Sun: bike ride (if it’s nice out, or calisthenics)
    M: 10k!!!
    T: Soccer

Music: I tend to get tired of music pretty quickly, so I change it up a lot (always with some cheesy girl music). Right now, I’m rocking Rihanna’s “Pon de Replay” (vintage!), Michael Franti+Spearhead “Say Hey,” a bunch of Pink, Flogging Molly, and Superchick, Jay-Z + Rihanna “Run This Town,” Manian “Welcome to the Club,” Joan Jett’s cover of “Love is all Around,” and a bunch of Offspring. I like fast beats when I run!
  • kayladiane5
    kayladiane5 Posts: 94
    Options
    1. Well I have already started working on this, but drinking more water (which I've done), limit my sodium intake, and eat more protein.

2. Friday- 10-15 min run (if it's not raining), Field hockey circuit exercises
    Saturday- 1 mile timed run, pilates leg/thigh workout
    Sunday - 10-15 min run, sprint workout, yoga
    Monday - 10-15 min run, field hockey circuit exercise, pilates ab workout
    Tuesday - Run trails with my friend, yoga
    Wednesday- 1 mile timed run, sprint workout, field hockey circiuts, pilates leg/thigh workout (im working out a lot because i need to sleep a lot for my flight
    Thursday - full body pilates workout/yoga?
    Friday- I know I am going to be way to exhausted from my overnight flight to do anything

3. Burn it to the Ground - Nickelback
    Gets me so pumped!
  • GvMeSmthn2Lstn2
    Options
    1. It appears that most days I'm waaaay under my calorie goal. I've lost 4.5lbs in 2 weeks but I'm worried keeping this up will result in my body later going into starvation mode at some point, marking as stuck (again!). It seems the days I get less calories are days I work. Which is probably even worse since I'm moving around all day. So, I need to make sure I eat a good amount of food ESPECIALLY on days I work.

2. I usually do better when there's water bottles in the house but we're waiting on it to go on sale, but I really need to drink more water, especially since I'm an avid coffee drinker.

3. On days a splurge I don't need to go over-board. Applebees, Chinese, AND ice cream probably shouldn't be eaten on the same day. Even if it is a Friday.

AH!!! playlists!! I love making them and I have a big one for the gym. It consists of upbeat songs that are usually rap/hip hop, songs that make me feel sexy, or super happy, or super angry. They angry are especially awesome if you're already angry while working out (helps blow off more steam). Anyways, Here's a few of my faves.

Nothin' On you- B.O.B. (good song to start out with. it makes me feel pretty)

Kiss Kiss- Chris Brown

Lose Yourself- Eminem (probably stereotypical but eminem is an awesome work out partner, especially if you're angry)

Won't Back Down- Eminem... This song makes me feel like a bad *kitten*

Light of The Morning- Band of Skulls

Dog Days- Florence and the Machine

Bad Reputation- Half-cocked

Pretty Girl Rock- Keri Hilson

Sleazy- Ke$ha

Four Kicks- Kings of Leon

All of the Linkin Park/ Jay-Z collaborative tracks

Maroon 5's Hands All Over CD

All The Above- Maino

New Low- Middle Class Rut

Can't Stop- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Shut up and Let Me Go- Ting TIngs

A-Punk- Vampire Weekend

...That's a lot. But I love them all!!

As for work out schedule....

I want to start doing more classes at the gym. I only work Sat, mon, and tues. And tuesday I go in fairly late so I'll probably get up and go to yoga, and do wednesday evening. Since the rest of my week is free I KNOW I'll go to the gym at one point, and, depending on what I need to complete for my internship next week, I want to try another class other than yoga to break out of my shell some. Maybe step aerobics or the ab work out, or zumba.

I'd like to eventually take a Spin class though I don't know if I could handle it right now. Anyone taken one before??
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    1. Last week sucked. My mom graduated from college (HOORAY MOMMY) and we had a huge bash for 4 days! Bash in my family equals tons of drinks (I was good, I stayed out of the liquor except for one day) and tons of food. I tried to be good, but I didn't log every day and I also didn't work out every day. That being said, this week more fiber, less sodium.

2. Turbofire (everyday except for rest) Couch to 5K every other day and Hip Hop Abs (every day but rest). I rest on whichever day I find I end up most busy. Sometimes I forget and don't technically rest at all (I end up going for a hike or something).

3. I have been running to all of the upbeat Glee recently (seriously, my obsession with Glee has it all time highs, who runs to Glee??!!!). For you Gleeks, I suggest "Animal", "Born This Way", "Don't Stop", "Smile (Lily Allen)" and "Any Way You Want It/Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin". I can send you the full list if you like. Other than that, I run to West Coast Rap or conventional Top 40s stuff. (My literature tastes are off the wall, my music is conventional).

Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • newkay
    newkay Posts: 20
    Options
    Diet:
    - More delicious salads
    - More home made meals
    - Less Ben
    - Less Jerry
    - More water (drank so much water yesterday and my pee was still not clear, wth?)
    - Less beer/alcohol. Will be tough if the Bruins advance, since I go to a bar for every game. Still, GO BRUINS!!!<3

Exercise:
    - Run 20 miles between now and Tuesday. (5 miles per day.. I'm aiming SUPER high.) I'll use 15 as a mini goal.
    - Golf 3x a week.. since that's going to happen anyways. :) But I WILL walk every hole. No carts for me.
    - Play Wii Fit if I can't get out for a run.
    - Take a hike

Music:
    ANYTHING by Michael Franti and Spearhead.
    "Shake it" is AWESOME for workout but I love the entire Sound of Sunshine album.

Go team go. :)<3
  • hope007
    hope007 Posts: 8
    Options
    Oooops!
    Oi , I'm sorry everyone i've been MIA. I felt like I started strong, but slowly through these 2 weeks my diet fell to the floor. >:( I am recommitting to this. I lost 2 lbs. So thats good? iI am gonna start working out every day. Finals are coming up so that will be a challenge.! Ugh sometimes life makes completing anything so effin difficult! Oi. Okay well enough ranting..

I LOVE finding new bands that are motivating ..
    My faves for working out is club mixes like GiveMeSmthn2Lsn said hip hop/pop music feels good cuz it makes u feel sexy. haha
    Usher is a MUST.
    David Guetta
    Bruno Mars-- some are slow, but I still <3 him.
    Pitbull
    Far East Movement
    Lady Gaga -some. Not a big fan, but her songs are catchy.
    Katy Perry -Firework lyrics inspire me .
    Pink - Raise your glass
    Etc.
  • Sarac715
    Options
    GAAAAAAAAH!! I typed out a really long response to this earlier, and then the internet decided to die. It made me really mad so I went and worked out. Overall I guess it wasn't a bad thing. Now lets try to remember what I said...

I did lose, which was nice. Exactly 1.2 pounds, which is what is projected with my calorie intake. I recently upped my calories to 1400 a day, and it seems to be a good level for me.

1. My food diary....oops. I had a few off days, which are rare. But when certain occasions come up I don't think I really need to stress about calories. My boyfriend and I are semi-long distance while we're both home from school for the summer, so when he came out to see me we got dinner and I didn't wanna worry about calories. Same with this weekend when I was gone for my cousins graduation party. When I am home and on my normal schedule I am pretty good though. I log EVERYTHING and stay under my calories, but not too far under. I have been having issues with my carbs since i changed my ratio to 40/30/30, so that can be something for me to work on. And maybe trying to behave better on my off days, but I'm not too far from my goal so I'm not stressing too much.

2. This week is a bad one for me to plan my workouts. I'm leaving on a memorial weekend vacation to boston this saturday, so I'll be taking that opportunity to enjoy some delicious seafood and relaxing with my family. I'm sure I'll be walking around a lot though, so thats good! When I am home, I usually do either 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 before work in the morning, wakes me up and gives me energy for the day. After work, I have been doing strength training. 1 day upper body/abs, 1 day lower body/abs, 1 day off. On the off days I make sure to do more cardio and lotssss of stretching. I'm trying to focus most on toning this summer so that's my plan for now.

3. Hmm, I've got a workout playlist on my ipod, so here are a few of my favorites:
    Basshunter - All I Ever Wanted
    T-Pain - Church
    Mindless Self Indulgence - Shut Me Up
    OutKast - Morris Brown
    3OH!3 - Photofinnish

I had more on the previous post but that's all I can remember right now... When I'm stretching/less intense working out I love listening to Sara Barielles :)

Seems like not very many people are replying to this post! CMON GUYS!!!! =D

How does ripped in 30 compared to the 30DS? I am thinking about buying that or her 6 week 6 pack next, but I can't decide which!
  • Sarac715
    Options
    Food: I drink chocolate milk nearly every day after I work out, and although I go for the low-fat, organic kind, it’s a lot of sugar. I think I might start mixing it with regular milk to cut down on the sugar.
    I'm nearly always hungry, even though I eat a lot of nutrient dense food, so I’m going to try to work more fresh veggies into my meals. My goal is to try to eat 5 servings of veggies, and 5 servings of fruits every day.

Exercise: I want to push myself harder, work on my core and arms, and get my whole group to beat our 10k goals on Monday!

TH: Running, jogging stairs, calisthenics
    F: running or hiking (if the weather holds—calisthenics if it’s rainy)
    Sat: rest/walks

Sun: bike ride (if it’s nice out, or calisthenics)
    M: 10k!!!
    T: Soccer

Music: I tend to get tired of music pretty quickly, so I change it up a lot (always with some cheesy girl music). Right now, I’m rocking Rihanna’s “Pon de Replay” (vintage!), Michael Franti+Spearhead “Say Hey,” a bunch of Pink, Flogging Molly, and Superchick, Jay-Z + Rihanna “Run This Town,” Manian “Welcome to the Club,” Joan Jett’s cover of “Love is all Around,” and a bunch of Offspring. I like fast beats when I run!

Have you ever tried Almond Breeze instead of milk for your chocolate milk?? You can usually find it in the organic section at the grocery store. I use the unsweetened vanilla to make my oatmeal and I use the unsweetened chocolate for my protein shakes after I work out. The unsweetened vanilla has 40 calories for 8 oz and the unsweetened chocolate has 45. They also have sweetened versions too!
  • whiskyzee
    Options
    I tried the chocolate kind once upon a time, but thought it was too sweet and thick. I might have to try the unsweetened versions, and mix it. Is almond milk as good a source of calcium as cow milk? That's why I bother with it at all (for the record, I think plain milk is icky).