Help losing the spare tyre...

Options
I'm trying hard to lose my spare tyre. I have always been fit and active and since leaving uni I have been trying to lose my spare tyre. I currently have lots of time on my hands and would appreciate a bit of feedback on this plan...

Monday
Arms
7km

Tuesday
Legs
T25

Wednesday
Chest
10km

Thursday
Circuit
Sprints
3km

Friday
Back
T25

Saturday
Shoulders
5km

Sunday
Circuit

I appreciate that there is a lot of exercise there and that some may argue that I am overdoing it but I have been doing this plan for 3 weeks now and havnt experienced any burn out or loss of energy.

All the runs are completed at around 4.45min/km.

Weight training is 4 exercises x 4 sets x 6-8 reps

T 25 - workout video 25 mins

Circuit - 5 metabolic exercises x 20 reps on each exercise with 3 min rest after each circuit. 3-5 Times through.

Can anyone give me any feedback? It would be most appreciated.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    First, you need caloric deficit to lose weight. You cannot out lift or out train a calorie surplus.

Where did you get this routine from? I would suggest looking into a structured program like strong lifts or all pro beginner, and then mix in cardio on your off days, with one, one hundred percent rest day a week.
  • Hamez_UK
    Hamez_UK Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You could do all of this and lot lose weight or none of this and lose weight. Losing weight must be 90% diet. The exercise just assists the diet.
  • jamieedwards725
    jamieedwards725 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I put it together myself. I always used to play football 2-3 Times a week but since I'm now stuck in the middle of nowhere in Australia I can't, so thought that the running would take care of the cardio side of things and the circuits and T 25 would take care of some of the plyometrics and metobolic exercises. I have been having a calorie deficit of about 400 calories a day.