weight loss projection

Options
melcawi
melcawi Posts: 7 Member
After my first day, my projected weight loss was 2 pounds a week for 5 weeks. However, at the end of each day since then my projected loss has been less and less. I have been very diligent about eating my calories (give or take 50) and exercising. What is the explanation for this?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's a simple extrapolation based on your calorie deficit at the end of the day. If you're seeing a smaller projection it is either because you have a smaller deficit or it's a bug.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The "give or take" 50 calories is something that stands out to me in your statement.. I think I understand the question as being the "if today were like today you would weight x pounds in 5 weeks"...

This statement is only true if you ate those exact foods (roughly) and burned those exact calories everyday for 5 solid weeks... It changes everyday..

If you are not losing or the projection changes then like @yarwell stated, the deficit is smaller or something like a bug... you can post this under technical support for help from MFP..
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Had you set the goal as 2lbs per week? This would equate to a daily deficit 1000 calories
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Maybe your normal daily activity level is set too high?

My program would count double my steps sometimes, so I just stopped looking at that and went to the calorie goal.

That helped lots! Setting my activity level down a notch was probably right for me too.

It seems there is a need to adjust things. Make a little tweak and document it. A week will let you know how effective the tweak was.
  • melcawi
    melcawi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking for 38 days now. I have not lost 1 pound! 2 weeks ago the scale dipped and then went back up. I am beyond frustrated. I have been faithful in my measuring and tracking. Almost every day I am at 1200 calories or below. The few days I was above, I had exercised so had extra calories available. I did not even eat all those back. I am ready to go back to weight watchers because that worked for me in the past. Where am I going wrong!?

• mgonyer123
    mgonyer123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? How often do you eat your calories back? How much to you generally eat back? How much do you exercise? Do you strength train as well?

melcawi wrote: »
    I have been tracking for 38 days now. I have not lost 1 pound! 2 weeks ago the scale dipped and then went back up. I am beyond frustrated. I have been faithful in my measuring and tracking. Almost every day I am at 1200 calories or below. The few days I was above, I had exercised so had extra calories available. I did not even eat all those back. I am ready to go back to weight watchers because that worked for me in the past. Where am I going wrong!?

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I think you're not accurate in logging because 1200 calories is very low. I ate at 1600 calories and lost weight.