Starting P90X, need motivation!

Options
I'm starting the P90X program in a few days, (as soon as the DVD's come in! They shipped today!) and need some help sticking to it! I've NEVER worked out in my life, and know this is going to be HARD! Anyone starting soon, or recently started have any motivational advice??

Replies

• hockeyman28
    hockeyman28 Posts: 136
    Options
    I have failed P90X before AND am starting soon. When I have failed, it was because I committed with a friend, and when schedules don't mesh, we sell off. So, my advice, is make that 60-70 minutes a day all about you. Prioritize P90X. That's my plan this time.

Also, this is HARD. I have been training for 6 weeks, just to get a base level of fitness for P90X. That does not mean you cant do it, it just means you will have to take it slow at first. Which is OK, because the trainer makes a BIG deal of moving at your own pace. I trained up for this, because I have lofty goals for my training, so I want to get the most out of the workouts as possible, but plenty of people go from zero exercise to fit in one or two rounds.

I am far from an expert, and there are some experts on here, but that is my experience with it.
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    it'll be a ***** for the first week or so. you'll be crazy sore if u work out hard. once ur body gets used to working out every day, you'll feel alot better and happier i promise! :)
  • jenmyers13
    jenmyers13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's what I've been told... I'm GOING to do it! Just need to keep myself motivated. Getting the husband on board with the diet portion will be the hardest part! We are extremely busy during the day & usually out running a million errands for the business. So we usually just end up eating out. We eat out on average about 5 times a week. I'm not even going to know what to do with all the money we'll be saving by eating at home! Ha ha! It's just going to be really hard to adjust our lives around getting home to cook. It'll be a trial and error process I'm sure... Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna need all the help I can get!!
  • groovymint
    groovymint Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 of P90X, and it is hard but it's also very rewarding. I've realised after this first week however that I need to stick much more closely to the nutrition plan. I ate well, but the first phase is very high in protein which is hard to do without good supplements. This week my weight stayed the same, but I've already started feeling and looking better. Looking forward to starting week 2 / day 8 tomorrow!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Come join us over here. Lots of great people and support and people in various stages of starting P90x.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/221352-p90x-support-group
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Starting my 2nd cycle of the program mid-June. Almost finished with this first one. Loving it. Hated the first couple of weeks. But it does get better.
  • groovymint
    groovymint Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cheers Peter, will check it out...