Discouraged

Options
MT2463
MT2463 Posts: 2 Member
I get easily discouraged when I try and don't get the results I want. I have been going to the gym for the last year and all I have gotten is a bit more toned, I started this fitness pal to see if I am just eating too much or not exercising enough, I don't want to be ultra thin or have a hard body I just want to go down to a regular weight and be in better shape. I want to know if any one is going through the same thing. I need a push from someone that knows what I am feeling. :ohwell:

Replies

• botography
    botography Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble losing more than .5 a week, if that. I do not like exercise so I applaud your being able to do it. I just get bored. I dance instead but it is not as easy to compute. I am told to eat back my activities (exercise) and I am being told not to cut my calories below 1200. I really have cut my cravings and am not all that hungry. So I don't have a desire to eat and eat just to catch up with the 1200 mark. Eventually I have to find out what works for me as we all do.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I think everyone here can relate to what you are saying. Are you working with a trainer at the gym or just going it alone? MFP is a great place to start because you can track and print reports to monitor your food intake and consider how your choices are as compared to MFP goals. Have you spoken to a nutrionist? It could be that you have all the right tools and you just need a little help pulling it together so you are working smarter and not just working (which is what you seem to imply in your post). Do you wear a heart rate monitor so you know if your work-outs are in a target range for burning fat? I'm new here too and no expert...just the first few things that came to my mind this morning. I do hope they are helpful. Feel free to friend me too. I love this site.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It may seem a little discouraging when you are not getting the results that you want. But you also have to remember that you have made a life style change by adding gym time regularly into your life. You are going to be healthier and live longer than those who do not make the time to exercise. I had hit a plateau awhile back. It sucked. I was working out five days a week, watching my calorie intake. The weight has been starting to come off again. But you have to ask yourself: If you were at your goals weight andd look, would you then stop going to the gym? We look to diet and exercise to achieve our goals, but the most crucial important thing to it all is that in order to maintain your ideal weight, you have to be devoted to your health and fitness for life.
    So I know it may seem discouraging, but remember all the progress you have made so far. If you make your diary public and tell other the kinds of workouts you are currently doing, you may get some good suggestions on how to switch things up to lose the weight.
  • OntheShrink
    OntheShrink Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You know M, I'm kinda going through the same thing. I've been working out for the last month and I haven't seen very much weight loss progress so far. But I do feel like I can climb stairs a lot faster and be less breathed and I can feel my body crave healthier foods. Those small things keep me motivated. I know that everyday I get stronger and eventually the pounds will come off. Till then, try and enjoy the extra few calories MFP gives you for being above your desired weight and log your food accuately, eat responsibly, and keep going to the gym. Being able to move and be agile can out weight shrinking almost any day. A few other things that helped me were measuring cups and spoons. Knowing just how much a tablespoon is or 1/3 of a cup is priceles when keeping an accurate account of what goes in and out.
  • MT2463
    MT2463 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I will keep in mind its Life commitment. Not a means to an end. I've been adding my work out and food... this has made me realize how easy it is to add calories and how hard to use them.... THANKS::