should I re think my routine?

Options
I have been doing MFP for about 13 days now. I lost 5 pounds in the first (almost) week. I did my weigh in, and have lost nothing more. I do try to do some sort of work out every day. But seeing no change in the scale. However I have seen a change in the way my clothes fit. But, here is my question. I normally dont eat in the morning, never have. I get hungry arouond noon. but I do do my work outs before I eat, after my work out im not hungry for a couple hours. So am I really burning anything? should I try to eat something more often before my work out?
I have always had the mind set of "I want to lose it over night", but I am really trying not to have that mind set anymore. I look at it as one day at a time. It is hard though. and now that im not seeing the scale move, im starting to get negative thoughts. Can some one help please!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    get into the habit of eating breakfast, it kickstarts your metabolism and works with you instead of against you.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You're probably waiting too late to eat, then eating way too much in one sitting.
  • mel4395
    mel4395 Posts: 18
    Options
    I dont eat alot at one sitting. I really dont. I eat til im satified, which is usually not much at all. I do have a few snacks during the day, like yogurt, a weight watchers ice cream bar (rare) but usually my meals are small. for example, around 12 yesterday after noon, I felt hungry. I stopped and pick up a grilled chicken salad from mcdonalds, and only ate maybe half. So I dont think its eating too much in one sitting. My husband is doing MFP, and is sure to eat everyone of his calories, and really doesnt work out at all. and the pounds are dripping off of him. Im getting discouraged.
  • shelleyann1976
    shelleyann1976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can make your food diary visible to others. It usually helps if they can see what you are eating to troubleshoot.

If you are new to working out, you might be holding on to water too. Your muscles will swell and hold on to fluid if you just starred a workout routine. Happens to me every time I start working out again.
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Try reading this link:
    http://blogs.ajc.com/better-health/2009/05/13/thinner-you-what-to-eat-before-you-work-out/

I think you should try to eat something light to fuel your body for the workout. I am sure our bodies are all different so you will need to find what works for you. As long as you are eating enough calories per day you should be okay. If you are eating too few then your metabolism will slow down thinking it needs to store fat for fuel later. Definitely stay close to your recommended calorie intake.