Charting

Options
Just wanted to share what works for me. I made a huge chart to track my weight loss and hung it on the wall where i work out. I make weekly goals and while i'm working out I see the chart and it makes me work out even harder. I love seeing the red line drop. It helps keep me accountable. When i think about having something not so great I just think about my chart on the wall and I picture me moving that red line up instead of down and It's easier to say no.
Good luck everyone.

Replies

• jdur28
    jdur28 Posts: 4
    Options
    Great idea! I am going to try that!!
  • colingibb
    colingibb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! Amazing the power of accountability!
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For each pound I lose, I hang a paperclip! I now have 20 colored paperclips hanging from the wall in my office. It helps me stay focused when I get the munchies while sitting at my desk all day. (It's exciting to see my chain growing!!) I just started on MFP on Monday.....I love it! Good luck everyone!
  • melinda0878
    melinda0878 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm also taking a pictures of myself once a month in the same gym clothes and hanging them under my chart so I can see the changes.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow what a great idea! you should post a picture of it one day !

I use an app on my phone that lets me record my weight everyday so I can see the fluctuations and keep track of how much more I have to lose to get to my goal weight... I love seeing the numbers !
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    For each pound I lose, I hang a paperclip! I now have 20 colored paperclips hanging from the wall in my office. It helps me stay focused when I get the munchies while sitting at my desk all day. (It's exciting to see my chain growing!!) I just started on MFP on Monday.....I love it! Good luck everyone!

I like this idea. subtle, but meaningful.
  • melinda0878
    melinda0878 Posts: 31
    Options
    as soon as i take a pic im happy with i will post a before and after. Congrats on getting married.
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    you mean you have made a chart like mine below ?
  • MzJae414
    MzJae414 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow what a great idea! you should post a picture of it one day !

I use an app on my phone that lets me record my weight everyday so I can see the fluctuations and keep track of how much more I have to lose to get to my goal weight... I love seeing the numbers !