Help! I really need to lose weight.

Options
monicaperez35
monicaperez35 Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
hi my name is Monica I am 27 and a mother of 4 girls and I am in need of help to lose weight. I am in constant pain and I know it is because of my weight. I can not take the pain anymore and I feel like my body is aging way faster than I actually am. I really need help and support! My current weight is 209 and my goal weight is 140. I would like to be at my goal weight by this time next year. If anybody can help me on my weight loss journey I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!

Replies

• allisonstarling
    allisonstarling Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey my goal weight is 140 as well. I'd love to help each other if you want!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert my any means, but the most important thing to remember is to log your food very accurately ~ get a food scale if you don't already have one and weigh all food except for liquids, it truly makes a difference! You can add me as a friend if you'd like :)
  • monicaperez35
    Options
    That's awesome! I would love a weight loss buddy. Thanks!
  • monicaperez35
    Options
    Thanks dargytaylor. I will definitely do that.
  • lxsaps
    lxsaps Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want and I can tell you how i've approached my weight loss. Its working for me, I don't see why it can't work for you too.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I'm down 15 lbs in a little under 2 months and would be happy to help out in any way I can :smile:
  • thecoker
    thecoker Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    We are really close to having the same goal! I started out around 200 and want to get to 150 or lower! Feel free to add me as a friend! :) I find it helps to motivate myself while motivating others as well!
  • monicaperez35
    Options
    Thank you lxsaps. I would love that!
  • monicaperez35
    Options
    Thank you all so much I really appreciate it.
  • cmaksimik
    cmaksimik Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Buy a Fitbit and link it to your My Fitness Pal account. It will help you become more aware of your daily exercise (Or lack thereof) and it applies your activity to your daily calorie goal. I'm down 12 lbs this last month.
    You can also ask your Doctor about Vitamin B-12 shots 1x/week for energy and an appetite suppressant, such as Phendimetrazine.
    Good luck.
  • michellemundi
    michellemundi Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Monica I am 27 and a mother of 4 girls and I am in need of help to lose weight. I am in constant pain and I know it is because of my weight. I can not take the pain anymore and I feel like my body is aging way faster than I actually am. I really need help and support! My current weight is 209 and my goal weight is 140. I would like to be at my goal weight by this time next year. If anybody can help me on my weight loss journey I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!

Hey, don't go in feet first. Go in slowly , diet and work outs. Start work outs small maybe 10 sit ups, 10 star jumps, 10 squats, and try and walk as much as u can, even if ur a slow walker it all helps.
  • autumngirl1137
    autumngirl1137 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I have lost 33 pounds so far and this site truly helps. The key is to start knowing how many calories are in your food and slowly making changes to eat healthier while taking in less calories. Substituting certain foods for others and stay away from sugar and sweets for 2 weeks, drink only water. Walk at least an hour a day and the weight will FLY off. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) Add me if you want ;) I started at 214...got down to 128..then back up to 145...now Im at 138..trying to get back to 128 :) I can always use new friends <3
  • joeybarua
    joeybarua Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to 140 on the app and learn up on how to create a proper diet as well as reading up on nutrition. I would give you a guideline but I don't know much about your lifestyle. Also keep trac of your calories on the app trust me once u do it for a week or so it becomes easier :)
  • monicaperez35
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the great advise. I really appreciate it! I do have a Fitbit linked to my account and I started using MFP in January and I was doing really good but then I kinda fell off the wagon I guess you could say. I stopped logging in and started eating crap again. But I really want to do this the RIGHT WAY and have it stick.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I do have a Fitbit linked to my account and I started using MFP in January and I was doing really good but then I kinda fell off the wagon I guess you could say. I stopped logging in and started eating crap again. But I really want to do this the RIGHT WAY and have it stick.

Connect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

Set your goal to .5 lb. for every 25 lbs. you're overweight: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Ignore your Fitbit calorie goal and follow MFP's, eating back your adjustments.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

By far the most useful link on MFP. Everything you need in one spot. Good luck!!
  • Mrsurban2011
    Mrsurban2011 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can I join ladies. My goal weight is 140 also. So far I'm doing things I enjoy, that way I won't quit. :smile: