Post baby body blues

Options
ok so here go's..... I am 40 and just had my third kido..who's is 4 weeks of awesomeness.. But as some one who has always
Been fit... I had noticed this pregnancy had taken Its toll on my body.. I had been a size 8 and am now at a size 16-17 and though I know what to do, needing to loose 50 lbs is alittle intimidating. I want to feel sexy in my own skin again
And get back to all the fun sports I did
Pre baby.. With that all jumbled up in my head I am also needing to be careful not to get to little caloric intake so that I can still nurse. Hope I can find a happy medium

Replies

• DanielGadsden2015
    DanielGadsden2015 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    hopemae2 wrote: »
    ok so here go's..... I am 40 and just had my third kido..who's is 4 weeks of awesomeness.. But as some one who has always
    Been fit... I had noticed this pregnancy had taken Its toll on my body.. I had been a size 8 and am now at a size 16-17 and though I know what to do, needing to loose 50 lbs is alittle intimidating. I want to feel sexy in my own skin again
    Pre baby.. With that all jumbled up in my head I am also needing to be careful not to get to little caloric intake so that I can still nurse. Hope I can find a happy medium

Feel free to add me!! You will find your medium. You can do it.
  • Renebry
    Renebry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel your struggle! Trying to lose that baby weight, take care of a new born, and still magically eat just the right amount for you both is tough. I'm pretty sure I went through those first few months in a constant daze. But I know you can do it!. Feel free to add me!
  • nate4043
    nate4043 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

You can do it!
  • jspeers1991
    jspeers1991 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I am trying to get rid of that stubborn left over baby weight too! You can do it!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options

I hear you, I had my babies late in life too. Down 80 pounds I feel better now than I did in my 20's - You got this!
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Keep taking your prenatal vitamins first and foremost. Also, you will need around an extra 500 calories per day for your baby while you nurse.

Advice is usually not to calorie count while you breast feed, but you should really keep an accurate food log, so you know how much you actually are consuming. Just stay away from bad, processed food.

On top of that, just start exercising.

Good luck!
  • hopemae2
    hopemae2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the good advice :-) and it is nice to hear that I'm not alone.this can be the most rewarding time of life and also the most challenging. I find it is important to find the support system that supports each other and understand each other. Horrorfox thank you for the insight. I do agree Prenatals are huge and also to start getting exercise on board once someone feels up to or has recovered from the birthing process.I am starting out slow walking on the treadmill five times a week for 30 minutes deep in my heart rate about 115 to 130 so that I can have that burning mode. I alsodo 30 minutes of weight training in my basement.when I hit my six week checkup at the doctors I will see what I can increase.
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I feel you! My little one is turning two on Saturday and it was tough to get this weight off. I am close to prepregnancy weight now but I was slowed down by C-Section and broken wrist. So that put me back about a year from starting. But you can do it. You have the motivation and will find that stride again! Keep at it.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and I had my 3rd baby 2 years ago and was in same boat but let me tell you firstly congrats on your bundles of awesomeness you can do it and it takes time and dedication.
  • Heulitt26
    Heulitt26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm a young mom of 2 (a 2 yr old & my little man is turning 3 months tomorrow!) I was cleared early for exercise and in the last 10 weeks have lost 24 lbs and am still aiming to lose about 30 more! I do a mix of resistance cardio and weight training.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You've got this! Feel free to add me if you want ;) I can always use new friends/encouragement <3