Healthy Breakfast Ideas????

Options
2»

Replies

• syndeo
    syndeo Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I usually eat a "big" breakfast. 1 cup dry oats, 1 cup 1% milk (or whichever one you prefer), 1/4 cup peanuts, 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt. Nearly a perfect macro break down of 48% carbs, 30% fat, 22% protein. You can adjust the portions to fit your calorie needs pretty easy.

Ideally I would add some fresh / frozen fruit on top, but I tend to eat enough fruits and veggies that I don't need to.

And this keeps me going for literally long time. Eat at 8 or 830, and I am not hungry until well past noon. Even if I have a big morning workout.
  • BitterSweetWinter
    BitterSweetWinter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Easy breakfast.

Shredded wheat
    Milk
    Bananas or any fruit you like and you could add a little honey if you like it sweet I don't bother because I love bananas, it keeps me pretty full until snack.
  • droxee
    droxee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My go-to's are: a banana with peanut butter or hazelnut butter and sometimes a whole wheat english muffin. I find that it's very filling, and approximately 350 calories. Or, a serving of granola with slivered almonds and a low fat greek yogurt, or 1/4 cup milk. Also filling and delicious. :)

These are very close to my go to's. Sometimes I'll have an egg with about half a cup of vegetables mixed in (zucchini and/or tomato) and a slice of grain-packed bread with one pat of butter. That's usually my "big" breakfast- it's very filling!!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    NualaTW wrote: »
    Breakfast tacos with scrambled (1 whole egg & 1/4 cup egg whites), corn tortillas, wholy guacamole, salsa verde and fresh fruit cup (blueberries/strawberries)
    11667351_10204526454257813_5326064835545953950_n.jpg?oh=f6dc3a0fcdc94626e3999eeb321d71e8&oe=56195932

Also, like to eat a cup of brown rice with salsa verde and 2 fried eggs on top. I know, sounds weird, but is actually very tasty all mashed up together. :)

mmm, looks delicious! I had eggs, tortilla wrap, lettuce and a bit of spicy mustard for breakfast today.

• maybebeccadough
    maybebeccadough Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love tropical smoothie, especially the peanut paradise, so I make my own now for breakfast, with 4.5 T peanut powder, 1 cup original almond milk, and one and a half banana, which I slice and freeze. Love it and it's pretty filling.
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Right now my favourites are cubed melon with 100g alpro coconut yoghurt and 25g trail mix (dried banana, coconut, mango and raisins). 45g granola with 100g greek yoghurt and berries. Mushrooms and tomatoes on toast.
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You can do an oatmeal in two ways:
    1) Prepare it overnight so the oats soak in the milk/yogurt & you have a yummy cool summer breakfast
    2) Heat it in the morning for that great stick-to-your-ribs feeling.

Here's what I do almost every day:
    1/3 cup oatmeal
    1/3 cup almond milk
    sprinkle of cinnamon or other spices
    If using frozen fruit, toss that in now, too.
    Microwave together in the microwave for 1-2 min

Add 2 tbs pb (or almond butter!)
    Add 1/3-1/2 cup greek yogurt
    Add in fresh fruit (1/4-1/3 cup)
    Stir & enjoy!

If you're going to soak it overnight, toss it all in a jar or something & the oats will soak up the milk overnight so you get a creamier cold breakfast. The frozen fruit will thaw, too, of course. This keeps me full for a long time & it has everything you need -- protein, fiber, fat -- to keep you full & balanced for the start of your day.

Also -- please don't skip breakfast! Your body needs something to get it going in the morning!

Sounds delish and smart! I am trying this overnight thing def! Especially with those late mornings where you don't have time to make it eesh :/
  • rh091
    rh091 Posts: 100 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My breakfast is generally between 350-400 calories, with around 25-30 grams of protein, it generally consists of:

3/4 cup (175 g) plain 0% greek yogurt
    30-35g of berries (raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries - I alternate each week depending whats on sale)
    1 T of chia seeds
    1 T of hemp seeds
    or 1 T of a superfood cereal dry mix

in addition to either:
    1/2 bagel
    1 T of cream cheese or peanut butter

or

1/2 banana
    1 T of peanut butter
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My go-to is generally 2 pcs of toast and 1 egg with 1-2 sausage patties or a bagel thin with cream cheese and either an egg or 2 or some sausage. Every once in awhile I add a hashbrown.
  • blackwoodla
    blackwoodla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with Almond-chia granola & coffee with a scoop of protein powder in it