Accelerate a whoosh?

Options
Hi there! I am pretty much at my goal weigh (I say "pretty much" because I didn't exactly have a set number, more of a range and I am in that 5 pound range). Hurray!

However, I seem to have a good case of the squishy/super soft fat thing going on and was wondering if someone had any advice about getting a "whoosh" happening.

Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Cut sodium and carbs for two days.

Prolly won't bis a sticky, woosh, though!
  • Pbrookf
    Pbrookf Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks-will try that! Although not sure exactly the meaning on the second line (I am going to think "probably won't be a sticky woosh). :)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat, and cutting sodium isn't going make belly fat magically vanish either. Cutting sodium will gain you a short term water loss but have zero impact on the squish you describe.
  • Pbrookf
    Pbrookf Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's sort of all over (not just belly unfortunately). It's a very strange consistency--not like loose skin but has no "give" at all. It should be considered a separate state of matter.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Pbrookf wrote: »
    It's sort of all over (not just belly unfortunately). It's a very strange consistency--not like loose skin but has no "give" at all. It should be considered a separate state of matter.

You could be dehydrated, try drinking some water.

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    After I hit my goal, I lost the squishy fat without changing weight. I didn't work hard - walking and sitting on a Pilates ball all day at work. It all contracted in time.

Congratulations!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,426 Member
    Options
    Might only be me, but if I have a glass of fullfat milk some time after dinner I usually have a slightly lower weight the next morning compared to eating the same calories in candy. I thought the idea of this is just rubbish, but I've been experimenting with this for quite a while, and threw some statistics over my data, and at least for me there's a significant difference in weight btw. candy and milk :o I noticed that years ago as well when I had a yoghurt or milk sometime during work my trousers would fit better the next day. I don't expect this to work for other people though.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I have found as the months went on as I maintained my body continued and still continues to change shape - I workout very consistently though and am very active.
    Any time I wanted a whoosh on the scales I went back to doing interval training, I think it boosts the calorie burn enough to shed weight and inches :smile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if you are trying to accelerate water weight loss it is only going to be a temporary loss and will eventually come back …why not just accept that your weight fluctuates +/- five pounds a day? I think you would be better off focusing on body comp rather than the scale.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

No.

OP, do you lift?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

why?