Getting healthy

I'm 5'2 and weigh 159 lbs. I want to lose about 20lbs to get back to my healthy weight. I changed the foods I eat and limited what I eat but I'm not getting many results with just that. What's the best exercise regime and what else could I do to lose weight?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Are you measuring the amount of calories you're eating (and by "measuring" I don't mean "guessing")
  • esmith145
    esmith145 Posts: 5 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Are you measuring the amount of calories you're eating (and by "measuring" I don't mean "guessing")

Yes I make sure to put everything I eat in the diary
  • juggernaut1974
    esmith145 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Yes I make sure to put everything I eat in the diary

Right - but are you measuring it accurately? As in weighing all solid foods and measuring all liquids?
  • esmith145
    esmith145 Posts: 5 Member
    Right - but are you measuring it accurately? As in weighing all solid foods and measuring all liquids?[/quote]

I haven't measured it no. Most of the stuff I eat is measured out already except for my cereal
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    a37btb7mxb3t.jpg
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    Right - but are you measuring it accurately? As in weighing all solid foods and measuring all liquids?

I haven't measured it no. Most of the stuff I eat is measured out already except for my cereal
    [/quote]

In what way is it already measured out?
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    you really need to get a scale and weigh everything. Most likely you are eating more than you think and/or over estimating your calorie burns. They cost like $10 at Walmart
  • juggernaut1974
    edited July 2015

Then I would suggest doing so - even if for a short time to get a truly accurate handle on how many calories you're currently eating.

Cereal is probably one of the top 5 offenders (along with peanut butter, pasta, etc) on things people vastly underestimate the amount of calories they're eating. If you eat cereal regularly I would guess you're probably going over the number of calories you think you're eating on a daily basis by 200-300 just from the cereal alone.