How in the heck....?

Options
DWiz2626
DWiz2626 Posts: 12 Member
I have had success losing weight. I started back in November and have lost 49 pounds. Been pretty much slow and steady. I ask, given I do pretty much the same routine as far as "watching what I eat" and exercise every week, how I can stay stagnate for nearly 3 weeks holding at the exact weight of 303.4, then this week, all things normal, I lose 6.6 pounds! I mean, I am happy, but it's just weird how the body works.....

Replies

• edetherington
    edetherington Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Same thing has happened to me in the past... weight stayed the same or I actually gained a little bit for three weeks and then it dropped like crazy the fourth week. Sometimes it can help if you break up your "routine" a little bit. Whether it's exercising at a different time, changing up your food selection, or trying different types of exercise. The body does become accustomed to routines and shaking it up every once in a while is good way to jump start the weight loss again. Good luck!
  • DWiz2626
    DWiz2626 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So, I'm not the only one! Ha. Yeah, I am pretty experienced in weight training, so I know to change it up a bit, but I am limited as I work out at our community gym in our condo complex. It has enough cardio machines, but only a few nautilus machines. Thanks for the confirmation!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yep its hapened to me too. :)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    It's the mystery of the "Whoosh!" Happens to me all the time. I even gain and then "whoosh!" I lose the gain plus more!
  • amynb524
    amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping I'm about to have a "whooosh"!
    I've stayed the same and working my butt off to keep exercising and eating right.
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    you are bound to hit plateaus. you'll have a few weeks of nothing, then boom! - 6 pounds gone before you know it. Just trust the process - burn off more than you take in. We are just machines and that process is how the machine works. Everything else - *kitten*! Hang in there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!