Running Device-I need one!!!!!!!!

Options
Hey everyone, I am going to run much much much more and I was wondering what running accessory I should get.

I have been dreaming about the Garmin Forerunner 305 for awhile now and I love it :) they are set at around 150 bucks
Then there's a new product being relased soon from iHomeaudio.com (from runner's world) called the NB639 head phones which have a heart rate monitor...cal burn AND it has a feature like the nike plus. It tells you how far along you are when you run while you listen to music. :) They are set to run about 100 bucks.

I don't knowwwww please help :D

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I would be cautious using headphones while running, it zones you out and not so much aware of your surroundings
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    I bought my fiance a Garmin Forerunner and he LOVES it. He's an avid runner and has done several marathons, and has found it's great for his training.
  • Boladefuego326
    Boladefuego326 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I got hubby the Garmin 305 but I cant borrow it is huge and my wrists are just too tiny for it, it feels horribly clunky. I am looking at getting the garmin 110 because it is smaller but has enough of the features I want.
  • Boladefuego326
    Boladefuego326 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I really like the software and the gps on the 305 :3 I'm a sucker for that device lol
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    Forerunner all the way! The 305 is awesome, and it's such a good deal now.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the stuff from 60beat? Plugs into your iPhone, iPod4, etc. headphone jack and there are dozens of apps available to record everything from the steps you take to full fledged training stuff. I'm thinking of getting one. Works with my Polar chest strap. I usually have my iPod with my anyway. If you listen to music, there is a pass through jack in the receiver.

www.60beat.com
  • ymcahutch
    ymcahutch Posts: 8
    Options
    I got the 405 for Christmas a few years ago and I love it!!! It's not as big as the 305 and it automaticly syncs with my computer without having to conect it. It costs a bit more though. Ether way, you can't go wrong with Garmin.