Plus sized woman, looking to stay that way: NEED MFP ACTIVE FRIENDS with similar goals :)

Options
rbfdac
rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
I started this journey back in September, lost 50 pounds by March, but fell off the wagon because of some health issues. I'm back now and want to lose the rest of the weight! I started at 317 lbs and my long term goal is 215.

I'm looking for friends who log in daily, comment, and provide support and preferably looking to lose around 100 lbs like me. I enjoy logging in and interacting, as it keeps me moving in the right direction. I noticed that a lot of my previously active friends must have fallen off the wagon too, and I miss everybody!

By active, I mean active on MFP, not necessarily physically active :)

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm on here daily wanting to lose a total of 75 lbs.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I can't help wondering what you mean by, "looking to stay that way." What are the health benefits of staying above 200 lbs?
  • Jad31te
    Jad31te Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sent you a FR :)
  • rbfdac
    Options
    socalkay wrote: »
    I can't help wondering what you mean by, "looking to stay that way." What are the health benefits of staying above 200 lbs?

I was hoping I wouldn't have to address this in my original post, silly me.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have lost 177 lbs with this app and some additional support. Feel free to add me.
  • HelloBrightLights
    HelloBrightLights Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 100 lbs as well! I gained 60 lbs since enrolling in college, much to my horror. But now I'm back on the horse and need some active peeps as well! :#
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »

You aren't under any moral obligation to address it/answer the question.

In fact I would disregard it completely and not let your thread/friend search get derailed.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Please do not feel like you have to, your weight loss goals are your own business.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

I doubt that.
    Why add that "looking to stay that way" part if you didn't want to address it?

You could have easily just mentioned that you are looking to lose X pounds without specifying that you want to stay plus sized if you wanted to avoid discussion on the matter.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Lies. Or perhaps naive? You voluntarily put that information out there for people to comment on. If you really hoped to not address it, you didn't need to mention it and not a single person would have asked you a question about it.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Lies. Or perhaps naive? You voluntarily put that information out there for people to comment on. If you really hoped to not address it, you didn't need to mention it and not a single person would have asked you a question about it.

But she's looking for people with the same goal. How can she know if they have the same goal if she doesn't make it clear what said goal is?
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 789 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well, this may be me also. I know I will never be 120 pounds, it's just not who I am nor is it in my genes, however, I am morbidly obese right now and it would be a huge accomplishment to get to chubby/overweight. My current goal is 175 pounds and I truly do not see myself going below that. Heck, I have not weighed 175 pounds since high school, so I need to be realistic.
  • rbfdac
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

But she's looking for people with the same goal. How can she know if they have the same goal if she doesn't make it clear what said goal is?

Hit the nail on the head.

I led with "plus size and wanting to stay that way" so I do not end up with friends who think they have the same goals as me, but do not.

Simple answer.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

I led with "plus size and wanting to stay that way" so I do not end up with friends who think they have the same goals as me, but do not.

Simple answer.
    @rbfdac
    The only thing that came to my mind is "perhaps she's a plus sized model and wants to continue in the field".
    Best of luck finding like minded friends OP :)
  • rbfdac
    Options

Simple answer.
    @rbfdac
    The only thing that came to my mind is "perhaps she's a plus sized model and wants to continue in the field".
    Best of luck finding like minded friends OP :)

Oh, that would have been a good one ;) thank you!
  • SmilinNurse
    SmilinNurse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am in the same place as you @rbfdac. I sent you a friend request and would love to connect to keep each other motivated!! I have about 150 to lose and know my journey is long but one day at a time is all we can do!! I'm on here daily actually multiple times a day
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Options

It does beg the question though.

ya im really curious too.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I don't really have any intention of getting close to my healthy BMI, maybe I've been too overweight for too long to visualise it. My goal is to be about 80kg/175lbs which will put me right on the edge of overweight/obese BMI. I know around that weight I'm a safe size 14 and I've been happy there before... I might rethink when I'm there, but I'll have to see.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I started with 100 to lose to get to the top of a healthy BMI range. (@ 5'10", that's 175 lb)
    When I get closer to a healthy weight, I'll see how I look & feel, might want to go a bit lower.
    I could see 160, definitely no lower than 150, and even that is a real stretch - only IF I'm maintaining muscle mass
    & increasing weightlifting.
    Most important to me is to be healthy.

51637601.png