Old eating habits - confessional

Options
Hello everyone,

I feel like I need to own up to my old eating habits - just to get them off my chest!

It was a regular thing for me to eat half a large domino's pizza (all meat), then polish of 4 domino's cookies and some (half a tub) cheesecake icecream. All in 1 sitting. Blech!

Sometimes I'd have dinner, and then follow it by a whole tube of pringles.

Feel free to share your food confessions!

Kayle

Replies

• flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Kayle, I think you are my soul-sister in bad eating habits. Pizza then ice cream then Pringles (or Doritos) ... ayup.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Biscuits are my main issue and would eat loads and loads. I still eat them now but try and limit how many.x
  • rachaelps
    rachaelps Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had several food issues - Pizza Hut Breadsticks with Cheese and bacon cheeseburgers. Also chocolate - I could eat chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

The only way I can succeed is if I keep temptation away. If tempting foods are around me - I'll eat them.
  • gladysrutter
    gladysrutter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh... domino's pizza was the worst!! I could eat a whole medium pizza to myself + chicken wings + potato wedges topped with cheese and garlic mayonnaise + ice cream... EEK!!!!

I don't know if you guys were like me, but I actually didn't think I was doing anything wrong until I started eating correctly!!!

Strange strange days!! x
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Sweets (cookies, chocolate, ice cream) and pizza for me too! I swear, at least half of my daily calorie intake before was from chocolate/cookies and in the summer, I'd stop and have an ice cream on the way home at least a couple times a week.
    Almost forgot, my other downfall was drinking coffee brandy and milk - a couple of tall glasses of that combo can add a ton of calories to your day pretty quickly!
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Kayle, I think you are my soul-sister in bad eating habits. Pizza then ice cream then Pringles (or Doritos) ... ayup.

Oh, yes - Doritos! Love them :)
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I am the queen of the 1,000 calorie pb and j sandwich. Of course with some cheetos. I also used to drink a 2L of coke everyday. Don't add the mcdonald's sausage egg mcmuffin with 450 calories and a large oj with 300. That was just breakfast and dinner then I would have a lean cuisine for lunch. I'm sure everyone at worked wondered why I was 220 lbs when I ate lean cuisine for lunch everyday. I'm pretty sure if I kept that up I would be about 350lbs. I regularly ate this in a day so I also sometimes would have a cooked meal of usually fried chicken or fried porkchops. Seriously when I admit this I am disgusted. So basically I would have 1,660 calories a day in just drinks. My daily calorie goal now is 1,680 for food an drinks. What was I thinking??????
  • mousumi30
    mousumi30 Posts: 52
    Options
    i use to have chicken biryani for dinner for weekends. thats was my biggest week point
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Fired anything, cheese covered anything. Sweet, sweets, sweets! DH and I used to eat brownies topped with cream cheese icing with ice cream, fresh baked cookies and ice cream, chocolate cake, pies all kinds of crap every night after dinner (one per night obviously.) Once I started this program and found out how many calories everything actually has, I was amazed that we were not fatter than we were. DISGUSTING!
  • suzumichan
    suzumichan Posts: 127
    Options
    I used to eat a large pizza by myself with dipping it into ranch. On top of the pizza was hot sauce (Habit I got from high school that never left) after that I would down 12 wings from buffalo wild wings Mild and then eat half tub of ice cream. If that was enough in a day time I drank about 3 2liters of Pespi, Mt. Dew or Dr. Pepper.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would eat french fries and chicken fingers and dip them in mayo.... BLECH! Or pizza (like 4 slices) dipped in ranch....

And I could eat 4 chocolate bars in a sitting.... or an entire tub of gummy candy... the idea grosses me out now...
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    I love to bake, so my "bad" days involved things like sampling my cookie dough before it goes into the oven, having four or five fresh out of the oven hot cookies and then enjoying eight more cookies after they've cooled. (And if there were any cookies left the next day, I'd eat them before breakfast.) Cookies, cake, brownies, pie...I inherited a wicked sweet tooth from my dad, who also loved to bake.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Cheez-Its in the vending machine at work. man, those things are like orange cheese coated crack. Love them. The problem was I would eat the 2 ounce bag out of the vending machine once or twice a week, each bag had somewhere around 300 calories and 14 grams of fat. Of course, I would eat that with a 600 calorie PB&J sandwich.

Indian food...when you don't make it yourself it can be a calorie/fat nightmare plus I was not sticking to the tandoori meats...! I save it as a special meal out once in a while, not once a week.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, I'd split the taco bell family deal (10 tacos + mexican pizza) with my BFF, or split the family deal 50 wings, fries, & pitcher of beer with BFF (she was on swim team, so she burned more cals than me! lol). When I think back to that, I have no idea how I wasn't 400 lbs!! Oh, then top it off with some frozen custard (culvers...mmm!)...I even knew the flavor of the day phone # by memory back then!! :noway:
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I would eat TWO McChickens from mcdonalds w fries and a large sweet tea... or 2 snack wraps and 1 McChicken.. but because I was "going to the gym" it was okay (haaaaa! I would stay at the gym for 30-45 minutes, barely burning 200 calories bc I hated working out)

I still love the McChickens but haven't had one in months and months!! I could also house 3 or 4 slices of pizza hut stuffed crust pizza plus 2 or 3 of the breadsticks

be right back, dry heaving just thinking of eating that much stuff in one sitting! I believe in eating bad foods in moderation so you don't have binges but I cannot even imagine eating that much anymore!!!
  • Flocker1979
    Flocker1979 Posts: 96
    Options
    I love to bake, so my "bad" days involved things like sampling my cookie dough before it goes into the oven, having four or five fresh out of the oven hot cookies and then enjoying eight more cookies after they've cooled. (And if there were any cookies left the next day, I'd eat them before breakfast.) Cookies, cake, brownies, pie...I inherited a wicked sweet tooth from my dad, who also loved to bake.

Same here!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Cheez-Its in the vending machine at work. man, those things are like orange cheese coated crack. Love them.

I have a confession...I indulged (probably a small binge!) in the orange crack last night before bed. Then I had a belly ache! You'd think I'd learn by now! lol :grumble:
  • destinationparadise
    Options
    POP TARTS!! I use to eat up all of my son's pop tarts at night. He would get up in the morning looking for them and he couldn't believe that I had ate them all. :blushing:
  • mike20603
    mike20603 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favorite (old) eating habit while playing computer games all night...

1 bag of Snyder's white corn tortilla chips...2240 cal
    3 bottles of Newcastle Brown ale...420 cal

So...a typical Friday night was a 2660 calorie snack.

Ouch.
  • sbpeters93
    sbpeters93 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mine is - I mean was! - oreos and milk! It was nothing for me to sit down at 9:30 or 10:00 at night with a big glass of milk and like 9 or 10 oreos for dunking. I did the calorie math after I started MFP - seriously just a few calories less than 1000! And right before bed! My biggest NSV in the last week or 2 was completely avoiding the pack of oreos my son brought into the house.