Weightloss issues...

Options
How does one cope with the disappointment of not losing weight when trying? Once become very depressed and had to up my dosage of depression pills. I just want to feel pretty....

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are feeling down and frustrated. In this case, it's less a matter of coping with disappointment and more a matter of analyzing why your efforts are not working and addressing those issues. Are your calories set correctly? Are you able to stay in your calorie limit? Are you accurately measuring your food by weighing and using correct entries? If you open your diary, many experienced people here can help with all of this.
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying and what are you doing. Are you using a food scale? You need to give a little more info for advice on diet. Now feeling pretty is another story. You can lose all the weight you want and not feel that. Work on pretty now. Look at yourself and find it. Its there I promise.
  • Chubbs900
    Chubbs900 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have a food scale. I measure with cups. Also, I just made this yesterday after 4 months of not having it. I struggled with bulimia and sewing the calories made me want to purge. I finally feel like I've defeated the disease. I don't have any diary entries yet. As far as diet, I have cut out fast food and any fried food. I try to drink as much water as possible and I've cut back to 1 soda a day instead of 4+. I also work out at home and I am constantly moving at work. I won't be happy with how I look until I get down to the size I want. That's why I don't feel pretty.
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Just keep trying hard your weight will eventually fall off
  • cjcoxson
    cjcoxson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have to believe that you can see yourself successful - you are not a number or a size. Change your screen name!!!! Every time you see that you are reinforcing a failing attitude. The changes you have made are huge! Remember the weight wasn't gained overnight and it won't come off overnight either. We will help you.
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Pretty is not measured by a number on the scale. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. I challenge you to sit down and write down 5 nice things about yourself. If you get to list 10 things, even better :smile:

We tend to look at things we do not like about ourselves, but we do not give ourselves any credit for all the good things about ourselves.

All the best!