What is your goal NSV?

Options
I like reading the NSV threads... I haven't had an NSV yet, but I have an NSV I'm working towards.

I've always said if I lost weight I would buy a nice pair of jeans. About 3 years ago, I did a really unhealthy crash diet and dropped about 30 pounds. I was out shopping one day and came across a pair of Miss Me jeans on clearance for a pretty awesome price. At the time, they fit on, but came no where near buttoning. In my head, I figured I'd lost the weight and fit in them. Fast forward 3 years, I put the 30 lbs back on plus about 30 more.

These jeans I love have been sitting in my closet for THREE YEARS with the tags on. So, my NSV goal, fit in those jeans. I WILL do it!

What's your NSV goal?

Replies

• Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I wanna wear a bikini again. My issue more so has to do with excess skin from pregnancy though. I'm hoping with getting to my goal weight it might tighten a bit. If not I won't be horribly bumbed but it would be nice :)
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I want my spouse to pick me up carry me through a threshold. I want them to lift me and spin around.
    I want to put clothes on I've only dreamt of wearing.
    I want to go into a small clothes store and be treated like a customer.
    I want to go to an amusement park and ride everything, even water slides because I put a swimsuit on.
    I want to see lab numbers that impress my doctors.
    I want to be strong enough to lift a weight that equals my heaviest size.
    I want to run.
    I want to experience the things from the unexpected results of weight loss thread.
    I want to post a success story on MFP and stay a success.
    I want to blow people's minds who have only seen me heavy.
    I want to get on a real bicycle and go for trail riding.
    I want to ride a horse without feeling bad for the horse.
    I want to change my avatar of a penguin into a real picture of me because I am proud of me.

• amdevns23
    amdevns23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oooh. Those are some good ones.

I want to be able to ride a roller coaster without having to suck it in really tight and have the employee try and jam it down (talk about embarassing).
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I want to look/feel good in a two piece swimsuit (not a tankini)

I want to wear cute 50's-style high-waisted pants and shorts.

I want to find out what it feels like to be a normal-sized person.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I want to have a PERFECTLY flat tummy with definition again. I want my legs to turn heads--in a good way, I want my waist to be less than 26" again. (Dunno that after another kid that's possible, but we'll see!)
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have a black slinky nightie I bought when my bf moved in 5 years ago. Found it the other day. Can't even get it past my hips. Put most of my smaller sizes away but that nightie is still hanging there for motivation. Looking forward to wearing it again.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    There are some really adorable jeans o stole from my older sister's closet that I have always said are my Goal jeans.

I want to get rid of the pooch belly. Arrrgh when will it go away??

I want to go back to how I felt when I was fit. I felt so good. All the time. Even when I was depressed or sad. I didn't beat myself up over my body as a punishment. I dealt with issues head on.
  • amdevns23
    Options
    These are all great! And making me think of more.

My grandparents are planning a big family vacation to Cancun next year in celebration of their 50th anniversary. I want to be able to wear a swinsuit on the beach without constantly feeling self conscious.
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If I could afford it, I would love to take diving lessons and do some proper diving.
    I would like to try climbing, something that is way out of reach at the moment.
    I would like to look in the mirror and finally see the body that I wanted to have all my life.
    And this would be the best of all, I hope that my success might be the motivation my brother needs to start his own journey, both to lose weight and stop smoking. I would like that very much.

I realize these might not exactly be NSV's per se but these are the things I hope for.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I want to wear my old clothes again (jeans, dresses, bikinis, etc). I want to comfortably wear a bikini in summer without feeling like a whale (I still wear it even though it doesn't look great). I want more defined muscles and a flatter stomach - like it was pre-baby.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I want to not feel limited based on my size. I want to shop the regular size stores. I want my thighs not to rub together or at least rub together less
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    linsey0689 wrote: »
    I want my thighs not to rub together or at least rub together less

This is me. I am at a healthy weight now, and would be fine stopping, except that I want to continue to lose fat in my thighs so I feel as comfortable as possible in shorts and going for walks - especially with how hot it gets here! I am a classic pear shape and as soon as I lose enough to make my thighs happy, I will be happy!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Eninad wrote: »
    I want my spouse to pick me up carry me through a threshold. I want them to lift me and spin around.
    I want to put clothes on I've only dreamt of wearing.
    I want to go into a small clothes store and be treated like a customer.
    I want to go to an amusement park and ride everything, even water slides because I put a swimsuit on.
    I want to see lab numbers that impress my doctors.
    I want to be strong enough to lift a weight that equals my heaviest size.
    I want to run.
    I want to experience the things from the unexpected results of weight loss thread.
    I want to post a success story on MFP and stay a success.
    I want to blow people's minds who have only seen me heavy.
    I want to get on a real bicycle and go for trail riding.
    I want to ride a horse without feeling bad for the horse.
    I want to change my avatar of a penguin into a real picture of me because I am proud of me.

it was an awesome day when I realized my 1 rep squat was MORE than I used to weigh.

I want to fit a size 10 jeans with NO muffin top.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Mine is just not to hate what I see in the mirror.
  • JennasJourneytoFitness
    JennasJourneytoFitness Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I want to be back at my high school weight
    I want to know how it feels not to be overweight anymore
    It's been more than a decade that I have felt that way
    I want my husband to be able to pick up the way he did 20 years ago
    I want to go on our 30th wedding anniversary and renew our vows in a Caribbean island and be able to wear a bathing suit where I won't feel so self conscious
  • amdevns23
    Options
    These are awesome everyone! Keep em coming!
  • StellaMA20
    StellaMA20 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5K at a marathon in December - and I don't even run yet...
  • amdevns23
    Options
    I'm working on C25k. Maybe I'll aspire for a 5k one day. Idk though, not a huge fan of running lol.
  • Mgtei
    Mgtei Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I want to control and hopefully eliminate my diabetes (type 2, of course).

I want to take the subway stairs two at a time.

I'd like to wear a straight size and shop at a place like Zara.

I want to be excited to lift heavy things during my next move instead of being a ball of anxiety.

I want to feel cared for every day (luckily that's something I can do today, too).

I want a sane relationship with food and my body.
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do three pull ups and run a mile in under ten minutes.