How long before the fat returns?

Options
So I've been slacking, alot, this last month. Busy schedule that has finally slowed down, but unfortunately has been replaced by other stuff. I still get at least 2 workouts in a week. The diet is hurting though. My calorie goal is 1350 cals. My average lately is around 1800. Not too bad, but some are bad cals. I haven't lost much weight during this whole thing, but have toned up and lost inches. I don't want to gain back what I've lost, but my motivation for all of this is basically being replaced by other things right now. I won't even step on the scale. I know there is no exact answer, but will the inches come back on that quickly? Am I doing enough to maintain for now? I still try to eat healthy - ex. had to eat fast food for lunch yesterday, so I got a salad. I have trouble sticking w/something for long periods of time. I can't believe I've stuck w/it this long (130 days)! Unfortunately, it never becomes a "full blow" lifestyle change. I'm either in the groove or I'm not. I hate it!

Replies

• KristofferN
    Options
    I guess the first thing to address is “what is your daily calorie maintenance count???” If it is 1800 then don’t be too concerned about gaining weight, this is the calorie level your body needs to just keep living everyday. But……….if it is not and is really like1500ish then you can probably go about a week (maybe 2) and then you will start to see weight coming back on. But no one is the same and really depends on how "badly" your diet is going. . I understand that you are struggling with the diet part (450 over your calorie goal/day is 3150 excess calories in a week) but keeping your diet in check can be your saving grace while your workouts are being reduced (busy schedules shouldn’t really be an acceptable excuse for slacking on a healthy diet, you should always have a choice of picking the healthier choice of food). For example if in a week you can’t even get one workout in but you manage to still nail your diet to a T then you will be all set, just don’t expect to loose any more weight that’s all, but at least you will not be gaining. Not sure what your macro nutrient ratios are but I suggest using a 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat breakdown. Send me a pm if you don’t know how to change these on myfittnesspal (the default settings allow too many carbs in the diet in my opinion). This will help keep weight off and if done properly will actually help you continue to LOOSE weight even without working out.

If you can manage to workout just twice a week because of a busy schedule (I understand 100%) go all out on those two days. I’m talking, push your self harder and longer than you ever before (but still be safe while pushing your self, know your limits) I suggest that you try Insanity or HIIT (high intensity interval training) types of workouts for 45-60mins, if time permits. By doing these crazy workouts just twice a week it should help keep your metabolism burning red hot all week long and you can burn between 600-1000 calories per workout.

Stay positive and don’t give up. This is just a temporary setback; don’t let it knock you off track permanently.

Hope this helps.

Kris