I wanna be a fit mom!

ybarrac12
ybarrac12 Posts: 2 Member
Looking for some motivation and tips. I'm a 20 years old. I am a stay at home mom of a 4 month old. I want to love myself again.

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Aww, you're young, you will bounce back into shape.

Take advantage of not having to work and get active with your little one...lots of walks, go to the park, soft play etc. I live in England and we get a year for maternity leave, so I've taken advantage and done loads of walking. I have 3 children, and it was definitely easier first time. I'm lucky to live by the sea so we have a lovely seafront to walk along.

Do you have any mum friends who could join you for walks?

Here you can do something called 'buggy fit' where you exercise with your child in their pram. Not sure if they do that where you are.

I sometimes use the crèche at my gym too.

I'm 37 and have a 6, 4 and 1 year old now and I work 3 days as a teacher. I'm not back to where I want to be, but I've lost quite a lot over the past year, and I've definitely got fitter.
  • ybarrac12
    ybarrac12 Posts: 2 Member
    I have been looking into different mom groups. I just moved about 18 hours away from home. So it's a little rough making new friends being a stay at home mom in a whole new place. But I am hoping to make a few with some motivation to get into.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 683 Member
    I'm a 30 year old mum of 3 my advice I this it took 9 months to carry and grow your baby it will take at least that to strengthen it but I am doing it. Feel free to add me. I would lay on the floor knees up push your tummy towards your spine and lift baby from your chest to up in the air this entertains baby and mummy gets a nice workout also take baby for walks or jogs strap in pram and put music on. When baby naps just do a 10 minute workout do this 3x a day you get your 30 mins in. For weight loss and fat loss weigh and measure everything you eat and drink log it and stay at calorie deficit. Enjoy being a mummy they grow up way too fast