Skechers shape up shoes!

Options
lynnie_1
lynnie_1 Posts: 87 Member
I just bought a pair and was wondering if anyone else has them and if they work? I heard from co-workers that they work wonders..

Replies

• rmoyer243
    rmoyer243 Posts: 23
    Options
    i don't know but all my co-workers have them as well and say they work wonders as well.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i have love them, though not good for actually working out
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I don't have those, but I do have the Reebok ones that do the same thing. I haven't noticed a big dif, but they do kinda make your legs tired, so they must be doing something!
  • Pete_Mann
    Pete_Mann Posts: 94
    Options
    I have them, but I can't attest to whether or not they work. I do know one thing, they are pretty damned comfortable when I am on my feet all day. I figure they can't hurt, but I don't think they are going to replace my squats and lunges.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a pair because of foot problems - which helped tremendously. I wouldn't say they did anything for my butt cause I don't have one but I still love them!
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    I used mine on the treadmill for the first part of my weight loss progress. It helped tone my legs and I felt like it helped to add more resistance to the walk. I used them literally everyday on the treadmill. I also found them to be more comfortable and they helped me with making sure I was walking correctly to get the most of the workout :-) I think if you use them for nice long walks they will help but for day to day stuff and just walking around probably not so much :)
  • journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I bought some Reebok shape up shoes. I bought them b/c they were the most comfortable that I have ever worn, not for the "shape up" feature. However, I have got multiple compliments lately that my hips are narrower. Maybe it is the shoes?????
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a pair and I noticed the backs of my legs were getting more firm. I have friends who could tell a difference in other places, like the abdomen and quads. Be cautious on how much you wear them at first. I wore mine to my waitressing job the first day I had them and I was SORE!! Now that I've broken them in, they are my most comfortable shoe!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I have a pair for just walking and a pair of Shape Up boots (they look like Uggs) for winter. They are more fun than anything, but it doesnt really help with posture, burning calories or toning.
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have the reebok ones had them for a year and a half, at first they always made my legs sore now I can't tell a difference, but i have a lot of definition in my calves.
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I didn't find they made any difference but they are super comfortable.

Would never use them for jogging/running.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I bought the first pair of Shape-ups when they came out. They weren't the greatest...very cheapy made for big bucks I spent on them! I think the new shape-ups are way more innovative, from what I have heard.

I bought myself the Resistance Runners Skechers just recently marketed, and I am very happy with them! :)
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    i bought the shape-up sandals . not sure if they are helping , but are a comfortable walking shoe.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    There are loads of studies out there that say that the claims the shoe manufacturers make about these shoes (and Reebok, etc), are complete bunk. They've found that the shoes have no effect on toning..
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    i am an athletic shoe designer.
    using these shoes to lose weight is the equivalent of saying 'if you wear these shoes and go on a diet you will lose weight'
    if you are going to give a company 150$ for shoes that cost about 20$ to make, how about you pay the ppl who actually invented this technology- MBT. sketchers stole their idea and ripped them off.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I have two pair. . . I absolutely love them. I saw the results with a lady that I worked with. Just don't try to work out in them unless it is walking. :bigsmile:
  • monky13grl
    monky13grl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I, too, have the Reebok ez-tones. I love them. I wore them for a year and got new ones for christmas. I will say, they don't make a HUGE difference in toning. However, I noticed a big difference in comfort. I have very bad knees and after a year in these, I have not really noticed any more problems. Occasionally (now that I am working out all the time) some aches will come back, but my dr said that MAYBE the shoes had something to do with strengthening the muscles in my leg. If nothing else, they are a great shock absorber.

HOWEVER, Do NOT run in them. I had real problems with my hips when I did. They went away after I switched to running shoes.
  • lynnie_1
    lynnie_1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! Now I am super excited that I got them!!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    if you run in them you will mess up your knees. these shoes were traditionally meant for ppl who needed comfort.
    WALKING ONLY
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    three things

1. im stalking a person called ZJ

2. ur outfit in this profile pic is saaaaaaaaa-mokin hot

3. sorry i dont have any real input on shoes for u