Mom with busy kids

Options
Hi, I'm Samantha. I am trying to lose 40 to 50 pounds. One of my biggest challenges is eating properly and enough. Most day i am busy running kids around and eat only twoce a day. Then when i do eat, its fast food or junk.
I am also a breast cancer survivor. My Dr told me that i have a higher chance of re-occurance if i dont lose some weight. So i started MFP Monday. Love it so far. The tracking is amazing.
Looking for like moms to help motivate and support.

Replies

• awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    plan ahead. Bring healthy foods with you. Eat so your not hungry later, that will help you to avoid snacking and needing to get fast food.
  • berndanddana
    berndanddana Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom with 3 little ones. Planning meals ahead of time for me is key. I sit down on Saturday and decide what we're going to eat for every meal the next week. The I go buy exactly what I need. I also factor in 2 snacks a day. This really helps me stay on track
  • jlsmith1982
    jlsmith1982 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats on beating cancer! Here is something I posted in my support page on Facebook. Hope this helps ya! Stick with it! It's a marathon not sprint!

WOW it's already July!!! Half way through this year!!! It's time to get serious about our goals! How about trying something NEW this month and use a calendar to keep us on track? What you can do is print it off and check off as you do your workout and eat clean. Every day! This will be our ultimate goal. I want us to all post our calendars on July 31st and see how we did. The more honest you are with this exercise, the more it will help you! If you don't workout, but you eat clean, only mark off the eating clean and vice versa. Do we have to eat 100% clean in order to check it off each day? NO! However, 95-99% clean on a daily basis and you can mark that one off. When you DON'T Cheat, then you get to mark off your calendar. When you DO workout, you get to reward yourself with your favorite show, or book or activity that you enjoy doing.

Some Tips to cut back on NOT eating the things you don't want in your body:

#1. STOP BUYING THEM!
    #2. Put them in a place that you have to go out of your way to get ( like the garage, your car, the attic, your closet!) Put those treats in hard to reach places and I promise you, the way we function is going to break you of those habits simply because it's not convenient anymore.
    #3. Create an eating schedule. Just like your workouts and your LIFE, your diet needs structure. Assign times for snacks! I eat mine at 10 AM and 3 PM
    #4. Only Drink Water. This is perhaps one of the simplest to remember and the hardest to do. DON'T DRINK YOUR CALORIES! That means, other than maybe a little milk of some kind in your shakes/cereal, your drink is always going to be WATER!
    #5. Think FRESH. If you have to open a wrapper or microwave it, think twice about eating it. Your snacks should be whole foods ( ready to eat! ) which means cutting back the protein bars that you think are healthy and actually are still PROCESSED. Make you're own! they're super simple and a lot healthier.

Let's use these tips!! Printout your calendar, write down your goal and let's look at this DAILY and get that workout and eating clean checked off!