I NEED HELP D:

Options
danitxx
danitxx Posts: 15 Member
Hey everyone,
so i'm trying to start a workout schedule and i was going to do 3 days a week. I wanted to walk two days and tone 1. I wanted to tone 1 because i heard that if you tone and lift weights from the beginning you wont have as much loose skin or the chances go down. Now, i have no idea if i should tone just one day or 2 or if i should walk more days. I really need help with this. I really do want to start weight training now.

Im currently 313.4 pounds my first goal is 250 pounds.

Thank you (:

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Tone? Oh you mean strength training. Go with 2 or 3 full-body workouts 3 times a week, on non-consecutive days. Follow a good program - NROL4W, Stronglifts, Nerd Fitness, a personal trainer's plan, etc.

If you're sedentary the rest of the week, you probably should walk on all your non-lifting days, for health reasons. :+1:
  • 123sockmonkey123
    123sockmonkey123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Danitxx- sounds like we are in the same boat. I'm 310 & started working out 5 days a week a month ago. I cardio every night & do weight machines 3 nights.
  • BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've personally haven't heard that lifting weights will decrease skin electricity. However, generally for weight loss of that magnitude diet would be the most important thing. You can exercise all day but if the diet isn't there then neither is the weight loss. And obviously, the combination of the two is the optimal choice. So I'd check your diet and add walking or something cardiovascular three times a week. And if you really want to hit the weights add them in too.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I recommend walking daily, even if it's just for 20 minutes most days. Maybe plan for two walks a week to be longer. Try to think of the walking as a lifestyle shift and not a temporary measure. Lots of people have found a pedometer or fitness tracker useful as a means to measure their activity and challenge themselves.

Some strength training is a good idea, but I'll let others more knowledgeable than me advise.
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I got a Fitbit and started walking as part of my weight loss journey. Loved it, the Fitbit challenges me to keep adding to my steps and stair climbing so I can hit the next goal. Along with the weight loss, I've lost several inches on my thighs, waist and butt. I walk every day and feel so much better for it.
    Time to start some strength training, I'm 59.
  • quilt938
    quilt938 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    if you can do something every day I recommend a short walk - maybe 15-20 min - and see how you feel. for me I had to make it daily and shorter at first because I had a lot to lose and it's uncomfortable and I didn't have the stamina to cram stuff into longer workouts on fewer days. I started in the winter and live ina pretty warm area so I walked outside but leslie sansone also has some indoor walks -some are more advanced than others but some are slower paced and easy to follow. margaret richard (bodyelectrictv.com) has frequent sales and has some good ones for light weights/high reps and different levels. she does a lot of floorwork for legs so no endless squats though she does some in some of her workouts. her dvd 'getting better' is all floor and seated and is tough even withotu a foot injury(she filmed after foot surgery). her unplugged series have a lot of variety. and some I haven't tried yet but are supposedly more modified as she was older when she filmed them - the spark, fight age with strength...

good luck to you! just reemmber to keep at it and it does get easier