GRRRRRR!!!!!

Options
Ok!!! I am soo P Oed!!! That damn pound is still on my scale!!! I have been under my calorie goal every day but one for two weeks!!!! I'm changing my activity lever to sedentary.....evidently I need to take in even less calories. I'm about ready to go back to the 1000 calorie thang!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you're actually looking for advice or just wanted to vent, but 2 weeks is nothing. Seriously. You don't need to start worrying about lowering your calories or whatever until you haven't lost weight for at least 6 weeks. 2 week stalls happen all the time, they're pretty common, really.

That said, do you weigh everything you eat? Are you certain about your calorie intake?
  • carolutas2
    carolutas2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weighing / measuring everything that passes your mouth?

Already in a healthy weight range?

1000 cals is self defeating.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you do everything right but maintain—or even gain. Others you lose a whole lot in a "whoosh."

Read the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • ConstantStruggle
    ConstantStruggle Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I want the "whole lot in a whoosh" LOL!! Yes I weigh/measure everything. When I exercise I wear a Polar HRM, so I am pretty sure my calories I burn are pretty accurate. MFP says I need 1632 calories if I am set at "Lightly Active". If I am set at Sedentary it says 1300ish. I work at a desk job but I walk on both my breaks and my lunch (when Its not 300 degrees :) ) So I am not sure if I should be sedentary or lightly active????
    Oh and I want suggestions and wanted to vent LOL!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I go back and forth on weight. I'm hanging on my high end right now.
    with an desk job I would choose sedentary. I don't count my exercise/movement on breaks and lunch
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    weight is not linear. some weeks you lose, some weeks you gain, some weeks stay even.

stay in a deficit and the weight will come off.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    How long have you been consistently working out? Has it only been for this past 2 weeks you mention? If so, your body is still adjusting. Also, do you have a lot of weight to lose or are you just trying to tone up? Many people find that the less weight they have to go, the more stubborn it is. Takes a little more of a kick in the butt to get it to budge. What kind of diet are you consuming? Is it 90% (at least) clean or is it loaded with sodium and sugar?

As the others have said, it is likely too early to tell much. Give it a good month before starting to worry about the stubborn pounds. Your body has some adjusting to do and there are many possible reasons the weight is "sticking"
  • ConstantStruggle
    ConstantStruggle Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sooooo.....should I change profile to sedentary or leave it lightly active?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Sooooo.....should I change profile to sedentary or leave it lightly active?

Leave it where it is, set your goal to .5 lb. for every 25 lbs. you're overweight, and learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Non linear ...

Check your sodium or other possible sources of water retention.

Personally, I always calculate based on sed, and consider any extra from "normal activity" to be a bonus.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    This past month I did not lose one pound but my bathing suit size went from 14 to 8. LOVE IT. I threw the scale away!