50 pounds lost, first bikini, be proud of your tummy! (pics below post)

Options
infinikitty
infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
Eeep! Scary post! It’s been awhile since I’ve had a Transformation Tuesday of my own to share, mainly because the scale hasn’t been going down and I didn’t want to just post past progress. I recently went to Cancun and finally put on the first bikini I’ve ever worn in public (picture on the right). Though my confidence has grown since the picture on the left, it was still nerve-wracking and I felt embarrassed and self conscious after we left our room at the resort to head to the beach. I even thought about hopping back on the tram to go back to the room and put my tankini on to cover up my tummy. But as I stood there at the entrance to our section at the beach, I looked around at all of the other women there. Not because I wanted to compare myself to them, but because I know everyone’s story is different. I read an article the other day about "Every tummy has a story." There were some tummies around me that held babies in the past or even in the present; there were tummies that were a little “puffy” because there was so much delicious food at our resort; big tummies, little tummies, tummies in between. I thought about my tummy and how I’ve lost 50 pounds, as well as 8 inches in my waist and 8 inches in my hips. I have loved my body enough to get healthy, be active, and eat cleaner. So why wasn’t I embracing the changes my body has made and be PROUD of my tummy and baring it to the world? So I went out onto that beach, took off my cover-up, and waded into the Caribbean Sea with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. I need to remember that feeling every time I’m down and out or not progressing further toward my goal as quickly as I’d like. I may not be at my goal weight, but I’ve sure come a long way and I need to love my body as much as I have loved this process. :-D

P.S. Yes I know it's Wednesday and I'm sharing a Transformation Tuesday, but I got a little busy last night haha

3uq9m6u1jkle.jpg
tt.jpg 602.5K

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    You have a lot to be proud of, go you!!
    Awesome dedication :)
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That was a great read. Thank you for sharing, and keep up the good work.
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Happy summer!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Check you lovely lady! You look really happy in the second picture
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am really happy, thanks JessiBelleW! I realized life was way too short to sweat the small stuff and rocked it out the best way I knew how ^_^ I'm glad it was uplifting for others!
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    amazing difference!! I know you worked hard for that. and you look great.
  • shakeirawhitney
    shakeirawhitney Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Shoots, with your tummy I would rock that bikini also. You look great!
  • princessmommy47
    princessmommy47 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • heatherelainehp
    heatherelainehp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Encouraged me for sure, I'd be proud to have your tummy!!
  • ProudVetMom
    ProudVetMom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Think you look great and you should be proud of your accomplishment! You are right about every tummy having a story. I always say if people do not like my stomach then they can look away. That is there problem.
  • lpatriquin
    lpatriquin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your transformation. You look great! You should be proud.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Wearing a bikini in public is one of my big goals, so this is very inspiring :)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    cheering_minions.gif
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    You look great! I know just how you feel as I'm usually in a tankini! I'm going away in 5 wks and planning to ditch the bikini. But I'm NERVOUS! Seeing your post makes me more positive though so thanks for that.
  • cshel1979
    cshel1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great... Strut that bikini girl
  • buddhistbabex
    buddhistbabex Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss! You look great!
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!