feeling gross and alone

Options
Well I can't seem to find any self.control these days...got into a disagreement with my daughter...feeling sick and Binge!! Binge won!

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Valcala wrote: »
    Well I can't seem to find any self.control these days...got into a disagreement with my daughter...feeling sick and Binge!! Binge won!

Sorry to hear that.
    but if you don't buy the junk food, then you can't binge on junk food.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Nobody's perfect. Take it one day at a time. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Just try and do better today. I'm sure your not the only one that has ever had an off day. Just remind yourself of the reason you want to make positve changes in your life and try and do your best each day.
  • Skwirrelgirl
    Skwirrelgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Valcala, I am so sorry that you are struggling. I know that when I feel frustrated or upset, then I really want to chow down on something sweet and chocolaty. My husband tells me that if I will work out, then I'll feel less stressed, but sometimes trying to find the time to workout stresses me out even more. It has to come from you. You have to really want to improve your self. That being said, sometimes you have to allow yourself a little "free time" to eat something that you've really worked hard to earn. Treat yourself with something tasty. Just try super hard to not go overboard. You can do this! You are so much stronger than you know!! Believe in your own abilities :-D
  • Valcala
    Valcala Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @Commander_keen I do not binge on junk food...I do not have any in my house...I binge on the foods in my house until I get a tummy ache and feel like I'm dying
    In
  • Valcala
    Valcala Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Valcala, I am so sorry that you are struggling. I know that when I feel frustrated or upset, then I really want to chow down on something sweet and chocolaty. My husband tells me that if I will work out, then I'll feel less stressed, but sometimes trying to find the time to workout stresses me out even more. It has to come from you. You have to really want to improve your self. That being said, sometimes you have to allow yourself a little "free time" to eat something that you've really worked hard to earn. Treat yourself with something tasty. Just try super hard to not go overboard. You can do this! You are so much stronger than you know!! Believe in your own abilities :-D

Thank u for the support
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It gets better. *hugs*
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Many of us struggle with binge eating. Try to take it one meal at a time, one day at a time. It'll get better.

The only real failure here is in not trying.
  • Geege29
    Geege29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You do your best. Sometimes the binge wins, but don't equate that with you "losing." If you binge on any food available, not something specific, I recommend a support group, even just online. You aren't alone, and knowing that may help you overcome it.
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It's so hard when we're feeling down, isn't it? I think so many of us can relate. Don't beat yourself up about it because then it'll be an endless cycle of feeling down, eating to feel better, then feeling down again... I think the first step is loving yourself unconditionally. Loving yourself enough to be compassionate about the occasional oops moment, and then picking yourself back up because you're worth it. It's truly one day at a time, and if today you ate too much, then tomorrow is a new day and when you combine all those good days, and love yourself through the bad days, you'll eventually get "there" (where ever "there" is for you).