Hi I'm a Newbie too

Options
I have been unhappy with the weight I've been piling on over the last 3 years but have not been very good at dieting and didn't really know what to do about it. I have an underactive thyroid which doesn't help either.

I had an iphone for Christmas and was mooching through the free apps when I saw an app for myfitnesspal. I have been keeping track of everything I've eaten and any exercise I've been doing (mostly walking, to work or out with the dogs) on my phone. I've only just realised there is a website full of people like myself, wanting to lose some weight and get fitter :happy:

myfitnesspal has made me think more about what I'm eating and how much exercise I'm getting, or not as the case may be! I would ideally like to lose around 3 stone in weight this year...I do not know if this is feasible or not...but if there is anyone out there who is thinking along the same lines it would be nice to talk to you and do this together :-)

Please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Hi

I will send a friend request. I am newish here too (nearly one week) and I LOVE this site. I too found it through an app on my iphone!!

I need to lose about 4 stone, so I know exactly where you are coming from .

cheers
    Monika
  • helenmaw
    Options
    This site has really helped to keep me focused that and a personal trainer hard work oh but boy is it worth it. I got a dress at the weekend tried it on and it fitted perfectly 3 sizes less than in the summer was thrilled! stick at it x
  • Jeneagles
    Jeneagles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Helen, I have just found this site online and thought I would give it a go. What is your experience of it please?
    Regards Jen
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome :smile:
    A friend of my referred me to this site about a month ago now and I am addicted!!! Its a great tool and you will find a lot of support.

Friend request sent....
  • vickilynn2011
    Options
    I just found this site today and I'm already impressed with it. I entered some foods I've been eating and was very surprised at some of the calories I have been putting into my body. Good luck!
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on here today - it looks great and already I can see it's going to be so useful, may I add you as a friend? I think support is probably quite important. I have a fair bit to lose!
    Cheers!
    Sue
  • applemovie1
    Options
    Hey, i just joined today and cant wait to start using this amazing site properly. it is an amazing sit and is so useful:)x
    Feel free to add me, support helps alot, ohh and im from england :)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal everyone! :happy: