carbs at night and macros advice

Options
nikipb1
nikipb1 Posts: 33 Member
Sometimes I have to train at night once I put my three year old down to bed around 8pm. Is it ok to eat homemade protein pancakes after my session or is the fact it's quite carby doing me no good and taking away from my workout?

Also I find it really hard to hit my macros targets, I tend to always be over on carbs just to hit my protein goal. My macros target is 40% 30% 30% anyone got any good meal plans that will help me!? I tend to have protein porridge in the morning and a cappuccino sachet but that's something like 50g of carbs already just in the morning!!

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    nikipb1 wrote: »
    Sometimes I have to train at night once I put my three year old down to bed around 8pm. Is it ok to eat homemade protein pancakes after my session or is the fact it's quite carby doing me no good and taking away from my workout? It's fine.

Also I find it really hard to hit my macros targets, I tend to always be over on carbs just to hit my protein goal. My macros target is 40% 30% 30% anyone got any good meal plans that will help me!? I tend to have protein porridge in the morning and a cappuccino sachet but that's something like 50g of carbs already just in the morning!! If you're running on percentages your protein goal might be higher than it needs to be, but it depends. Managing your macros is really just as easy as removing carbs or reducing the portion if you're going over...
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You can eat the carby pancakes any time of day. It is the the calorie number that counts.
    The macros on this site are weird.
  • nikipb1
    nikipb1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    nikipb1 wrote: »
    Sometimes I have to train at night once I put my three year old down to bed around 8pm. Is it ok to eat homemade protein pancakes after my session or is the fact it's quite carby doing me no good and taking away from my workout? It's fine.

Also I find it really hard to hit my macros targets, I tend to always be over on carbs just to hit my protein goal. My macros target is 40% 30% 30% anyone got any good meal plans that will help me!? I tend to have protein porridge in the morning and a cappuccino sachet but that's something like 50g of carbs already just in the morning!! If you're running on percentages your protein goal might be higher than it needs to be, but it depends. Managing your macros is really just as easy as removing carbs or reducing the portion if you're going over...

Thanks man ☺