Hi...New here trying to lose weight and need moral support :s

Options
Hi! My name is Kimberleigh and I have been overweight most of my life. There is a lot going on and I have tried many different ways to lose weight. The problem is it comes off but then it comes right back on again. I have an inactive thyroid (doesn't help), PCOS, and Fibromyalgia (really doesn't help). I have used Weight Watchers, Weightloss Zone, SparkPeople, TOPS and a couple of others that I can't recall their names but for the most part there was no success. Weight Watchers worked until circumstances in my life changed and I had to stop going then no matter how hard and diligent I stuck to what I was taught the weight crept back on. Knock on wood I have never gone over my heaviest weight but I am tired of carrying all this excess weight. Like I said I do have Fibromyalgia which isn't making this easy one bit. I seem to be proving my doctors wrong with what they know so far about the issue. Meds are not reacting the way they should nor is they daily exercise. They keep telling me the more you move and stay active the easy it gets and the less pain you feel. WRONG!!!! The more I move, just simply walking, the more I hurt and the stiffer my joints feel. I've been told to stretch before and then after but that doesn't help either. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem.

Anyhoo, I look forward to doing this and this time making it permanent. Thanks!

Replies

• lilsandling
    lilsandling Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie too hopefully we can help each other.
  • Kimmie103073
    Kimmie103073 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That would be great...can I add you as a friend?
  • lilsandling
    Options
    U Am So New I Am Not Sure How To Do That But yes
  • lilsandling
    Options
    Should have said I am so new
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberleigh-- sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I had most of my thyroid removed eleven years ago and it was a humbling experience. I have lost and then regained the same weight over and over again the last eleven years-- I will do well for a while and then either a big social stressor (death of a close relative) or a health issue (recurrent and severe iron-deficiency anemia) derail me and I regain all the weight. I have been on MFP for about six weeks, determined that this is the last time I have to start the journey again. Two things that have been helping me lose weight this time around is finally getting my obstructive sleep apnea treated and drinking a kombucha daily. I know that kombucha sounds like junk science but they are full of probiotics (like sauerkraut and other fermented food) and can re-balance the flora in your intestines if they are out of whack from illness and medications. None of this has been quick for me, but my metabolism does seem a little less sluggish. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck with the journey.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberleigh- welcome to MFP. You're already on the right track by making a commitment!
  • fightingfatdaily
    fightingfatdaily Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all, I'm new as well. My weight has also been up and down since I had my last baby. My baby is now 27 yrs old!!!! I can't convince these pounds to go and stay away. Maybe we can encourage each other...?
  • lilsandling
    Options
    Found a perfect starter exercise program they even have an app for it
    "7 minute workout"