So I started over yesterday...

Options
lewdkiss
lewdkiss Posts: 90 Member
looking for motivational friends. I'm 30, 188 lbs, with a goal of about 50 lbs to lose.

Replies

• thecoker
    thecoker Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I am in your shoes as I am over 190 & wanting to lose about 50lbs as well! We can do this and we can get there! :)
  • Spaul23
    Spaul23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again today! I am 5'3 and my goal is to lose 50 lbs. I know that I can do this but doing it alone is extremely difficult. Having some support would be great!
  • lewdkiss
    Options
    Thanks guys. We can do this!! :#
  • DragonStar2015
    DragonStar2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I am 5'3 and I am on my way to losing 60 pounds! We CAN do this!!!!!!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!

What are you doing differently this time? When I started MFP this thread helped me tremendously:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • dreamngtree
    dreamngtree Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm starting over everyday! I'm 300 lbs. Not my highest but not my lowest either. I want to lose weight, but mostly I just want to feel stronger.
  • 218Beth
    218Beth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too. I dropped about 20+ lbs on the "gall bladder hating me" diet earlier this year and I want to keep it off and lose more. For the record - I don't really recommend the gall bladder diet. I spent about 2 months being afraid to eat or drink pretty much anything after spending 1 night having a gall bladder attack and the next night in Urgent Care (who told me to go to the ER)
  • lewdkiss
    Options
    I am right there with you. I am 5'3 and I am on my way to losing 60 pounds! We CAN do this!!!!!!

Yes we can. :)

• lewdkiss
    Options
    218Beth wrote: »
    I'm starting over too. I dropped about 20+ lbs on the "gall bladder hating me" diet earlier this year and I want to keep it off and lose more. For the record - I don't really recommend the gall bladder diet. I spent about 2 months being afraid to eat or drink pretty much anything after spending 1 night having a gall bladder attack and the next night in Urgent Care (who told me to go to the ER)

That sounds so terrible. I think you will be able to keep it off. Reminds me of when I was hospitalized a few years ago for stomach pains and nothing was found wrong and lost 10lbs.

• lewdkiss
    Options
    I feel like I'm starting over everyday! I'm 300 lbs. Not my highest but not my lowest either. I want to lose weight, but mostly I just want to feel stronger.

You can do it. I'm learning to be patient and take one meal, one workout, one day at a time and get too ahead of myself.
  • lewdkiss
    Options
    Good luck to you!

What are you doing differently this time? When I started MFP this thread helped me tremendously:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Thanks. I think I looked at that thread before but I'll read it again. As for changes this go around...different mindset, mini goals, and a vision board.
  • VanVan136
    VanVan136 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! I start over again.. everyday it seems !
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds last year just counting calories, then gained 12 back of pure fat. I am going to do it right this time by combining exercise with counting calories. I just want to lose 20 but I also want to feel stronger! :)
  • Godan2b
    Godan2b Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can do this, just remember a few things; it took a while to gain the weight so its going to take a while to lose or be where you want to be. do NOT weigh yourself everyday, you've got a goal set which is great. Continued success to your journey.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am right there as well. I keep trying to start over. I am 5'3 with about 40lbs to loose.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same!! I was very active on MFP about 2 years ago and slowly the weight has crept on since then. Now I'm back where I started at 170 lbs and 5'3"! Please feel free to add me, I'm very motivated and here every day! I think encouraging friends were a strong motivator for my success previously but all of my "old" MFP pals are not here anymore! Would be great to add new encouraging friends for motivation! :)
  • mhoover31
    mhoover31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started last week but then it all went to crap over the 4th. I drank and ate WAY too much. Starting fresh again this week. Day 2. I'm 172 5'9" and would love to get down to 160 or lower. 1200 calories just doesn't seem like enough. I need to get working out again but I have no energy. It's so hard to start especially in this heat.
  • lewdkiss
    Options
    VanVan136 wrote: »
    Good luck everyone! I start over again.. everyday it seems !
    It can be that way sometimes but your trying!! :)
  • lewdkiss
    Options
    DeWoSa wrote: »
    I lost 20 pounds last year just counting calories, then gained 12 back of pure fat. I am going to do it right this time by combining exercise with counting calories. I just want to lose 20 but I also want to feel stronger! :)

You got this! You did it before!
  • lewdkiss
    Options
    Godan2b wrote: »
    You can do this, just remember a few things; it took a while to gain the weight so its going to take a while to lose or be where you want to be. do NOT weigh yourself everyday, you've got a goal set which is great. Continued success to your journey.

Thank you. I needed to see that. And that is what i've been telling myself everyday. Thank you again!!! ❤️