What strenght workout/exercise should I do for wait loss?

Hi, Im 162cm 69,5kg,female!I have 25 years,i want to losse some 10-15kg,I cute my calories for 1200 for a day,andI want to exercise to!But I want to do exetcise thays gone help me,but Idont anything about this,I have 2x3kg weights,so pleeeease help!!!!!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    editorgrrl wrote: »

End thread
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen not the gym.
  • Timea522
    Timea522 Posts: 5 Member
    I did my homework,i know what to eat,i just didnt know which exercises are good for wait loose!
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    cardio would help increase calorie burn which will help accelerate weight loss. Lifting weights wont help as much as it wont accelerate calorie burn as much but you will have better body composition once you do lose the fat. Either way, the biggest part is your diet/calorie deficit.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    "Fork Put Downs" and "Table Pushaways" are the 2 best exercises for losing weight.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    "Fork Put Downs" and "Table Pushaways" are the 2 best exercises for losing weight.

that.......

you exercise/workout for HEALTH ... you lose weight in the kitchen (by weighing your food and eating less)
  • losingitseattle
    losingitseattle Posts: 90 Member
    If you've never done weights before, start with body weight exercises and work on your form. Commit to doing this 20 minutes at least 3x a week. After you've done that for a few weeks, increase your time to 30 minutes, 3-4x per week. Add your weights at that point. If you've been consistent for 6 weeks, you will start to see some changes in your body. You can add intervals in walking or running as well. Continue to progress your moves (example would be start with push on your knees, move to straight leg push on stairs, then push on floor, then putting feet up on stairs...this progression will take a good long while to do but it's just an example).

http://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweight-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere

Once you've been doing these moves and adding some progression in them, at the 12 week point you will likely need to move to heavier weights and a true weightlifting routine to continue see improvements in strength. I like the book the New Rules of Lifting for Women. You can go to your library to look for others.

Also highly recommend reading through this link on www.bodybuilding.com. They have demo videos of each move if you click on the link. This is a fantastic strength guide for women.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womens-strength-training-guide.htm

I've been teaching Group Ex fitness classes for 10 years. What it really takes is consistency and commitment.

I'm a little leery of your 1200 calories. Make sure you are eating enough to fuel your workouts. You might need a slight bit more than that but MFP should guide you on right amount of exercise calories to eat back.
  • Timea522
    Timea522 Posts: 5 Member
    Oh thank you so much,you help me a lott!