Body confidence / what to wear?

Options
2»

Replies

• SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I just organized the "size down" clothes that I really like and the rest are outta here (that's three of the large black garbage bags full of clothes that will be removed from my house).

I tend to want to hide under larger sizes so I see that's a mistake I've been making. The baggy clothes are going too!
  • rucvicet
    rucvicet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I donated all the clothes I didn't fit in. It doesn't help. I'm buying the one that makes me feel nice looking and sexy. Not a good idea to wear bigger sizes.
    Feel free and happy with your self!
  • robynebg
    robynebg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't try to hide under baggy clothes - it just makes you look bigger. And don't be so hard on yourself!
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you're comfortable in dresses, sundresses are really nice for the summer - cool and there's a cut and style that looks good on everyone. Also, one size can fit well for a range of weights, especially the kind that is loose-ish but cinched in the middle (which is almost universally flattering), so it might makes sense to get a couple now that will probably still look great in August.

I also have a hard time figuring out what looks good on me. If you have any particularly well put together friends you could go with, that could be helpful.

Also, your default picture is really really pretty! You probably look a lot nicer than you think :)

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Perhaps get a thin fabric/semi-sheer jacket. I got one recently actually and I love it! I can wear tank tops underneath without worrying about my arms. :) Some capri jeans would be cute, ones that cut off/rolled up at the calf. I also got some denim shorts that cut off right above the knee. They are cute and very appropriate lol.