elliptical??

Options
on of my girlfriends has one i can buy for $100....should i do it? Its a mid grade one...

Replies

• JJLM
    JJLM Posts: 48
    Options
    on of my girlfriends has one i can buy for $100....should i do it? Its a mid grade one...
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    Not all ellipticals are created equal. Some run smoother then other but I tell you what if it's a smooth run and glides ever so nicely I'd do it but my mom has one that is um a little on the rough side. I love mine use it everyday. I run 45 mi n a day on it and it's great.So look into it a little more and make sure you get a nice stride on it before buying it.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I love en elliptical machine the best of all machines! I just wish I could do more on it! It works wonders!! Btw, I do have one and I only paid about $200 at Kmart.
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    I want an elliptical real bad.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Test it out first and see if you like it. If you do then of course!!!
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    Like raincloud said, try it out, but that sounds like a good deal. I have arthritis and found it a great low-impact, high-calorie burning exercise.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    The elliptical has saved me this year because I haven't been able to run. I use them at the gym and love them. See if your friend will let you take it for a test workout. I will always do the elliptical, even when (being positive! :happy: ) I can run again.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Some elliptical machines are built for different framed people. I have a hard time finding one to buy because they don't "feel" comfortable. I like the ones at the gym, but the ones at the store feel like they are made for people that are way taller than me.
    Elliptical machines burn calories like no buddies business!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love mine!!!

Get on and test it. If it feels 'rickety' then I would not advise it. But if it feels strong and smooth go for it.

It really works all your muscles. If you do let me know and I will give you some tips on getting different workouts!!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    If it will get you off your butt, go for it. I put mine in front of the TV and use it instead of vegging on the couch. The cheaper/smaller one doesnt work well for anyone over 5'7 or so, and it seems like the angle is off. I felt like I was always pointing down. But it's a great start! The motion and glide is great. I did upgrade though, to one that was about $400. It's an investment, but it's worth it in the long run.
  • SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i bought a really nice one for almost $500 and yet it doesn't glide smoothly. i'm thinking something is wrong with it. i couldn't workout during my pregnancy (2 month old son) and last week when i got back on it i literally only did 1.5 minutes!!!!!!! it was that hard to do!!!! i used to be able to do like 20 minutes a day on it.

anyone have any suggestion on how to make it glide better? wd40 or something?
  • MADI150
    MADI150 Posts: 54
    Options
    THE ELLIPTICAL IS THE BEST MACHINE ON THE MARKET, 30 MINUTES A DAY WILL DO WONDERS
  • JJLM
    JJLM Posts: 48
    Options
    thanks guys!! I am getting it!! its a $500 machine but she doesn't use it so i get to snag it for $100. I love a good deal. I think i'm going to put it in the room that i run my daycare out of, so when they have free play i can hope on it!!
  • MADI150
    MADI150 Posts: 54
    Options
    HOW IS THE ELLIPTICAL
  • abillings9
    Options
    I have one I bought from overstock (I think it was overstock) for about $300 and I love it! I don't get it on as much as I used to, mainly because we moved and I lost the space I had for it. But it really worked well for me when I did use it. I'd hop on it while watching one of my favorite programs on tv and do a half hour like it was nothing.