Horror movies that scared you to death?

Options
kwiet_storm
kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
All the new horror movies are not scary compared to the ones made in the late 70's, 80's and 90's. So whats your favourite top 10 horror movies, and your top 10 worst horror movies.

Replies

• kwiet_storm
    Options
    All the new horror movies are not scary compared to the ones made in the late 70's, 80's and 90's. So whats your favourite top 10 horror movies, and your top 10 worst horror movies.
    Any good recommendations appreciated..
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Literally? Because it will be hard for those people to respond. Due to death.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist, The Ring & Blair Witch Project scare me to no end. BWP is not a true story, but I thought it was when I watched it and I didn't sleep for nights afterwards. Jaws freaked me so bad I have a hard time going in water, even lakes and ponds, lol!
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'm still alive, so, none. lol
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options
    Texas chainsaw massacre, the decent and high tension
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    The Korean version of Pulse is super good.
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options

The American remakes are always horrible
  • kwiet_storm
    Options

The American remakes are always horrible
    I agree..
  • azucker88
    azucker88 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The chucky movies use to freak me out as a kid. But I enjoy the remake of dawn of the dead, also the conjuring, annabelle, and as above so below are all new and freaked me out.
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    Technically not Horror I guess but scared me really bad when I saw it in the theater when it first came out, ALIEN
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I think The Ring was the last movie that really impacted me in that way. I've seen it dozens of times since then but that first time in the theater was pretty scary. I remember I didn't sleep at all that night.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Anything Jaws. To this day whatever is in the ocean can kindly please stay where you are and I guarantee I'm not going in there.
  • CourtneyParcell
    CourtneyParcell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sinister and insidious scared me quite a lot. And one of the newer Halloween remakes where you see Michael as a child killing other children was also pretty scary.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    maeld51 wrote: »
    Technically not Horror I guess but scared me really bad when I saw it in the theater when it first came out, ALIEN

Alien is STILL scarier than most horror movies.
  • SweetnSassyLady
    SweetnSassyLady Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Anything Supernatural.......
  • RJ0274
    RJ0274 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Excorcist
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Insidious was one of the most recent really good, scary ones I've seen. The Grudge, an older one, had a lasting effect on me after seeing it in the theater, but I made my dad and little brother see it with me afterwards and they thought it wasn't that good so that kinda ruined it for me and now I don't think it's all that great. There was a freaky one about kids killing their family members because of some death demon or something, I can't remember the name but that was also scary. Started off with a hanging from a tree, and there was a scene with a pool and another with a lawnmower... at the very end it wa swith an ax. Know which one I'm talking about?
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    In not any particular order because they seem to scare me at varying levels depending on my state of mind/mood:
    • Ju On 1-3 (Japanese version)
    • The Ring & The Ring 2 (Japanese version)
    • Insidious
    • The Conjuring
    • Drag me to hell
    • Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the only non-supernatural horror movie that scares the living daylights out of me)
    • Sinister
    • It Follows (Its a slow burn horror movie that's one of the few really good horrors that came out this year. Really gets to you.)
    • The Eye (Taiwanese version)
    • Paranormal Activity 1 (The rest were just crap)