Horror movies that scared you to death?

Options
2»

Replies

• faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Insidious was one of the most recent really good, scary ones I've seen. The Grudge, an older one, had a lasting effect on me after seeing it in the theater, but I made my dad and little brother see it with me afterwards and they thought it wasn't that good so that kinda ruined it for me and now I don't think it's all that great. There was a freaky one about kids killing their family members because of some death demon or something, I can't remember the name but that was also scary. Started off with a hanging from a tree, and there was a scene with a pool and another with a lawnmower... at the very end it wa swith an ax. Know which one I'm talking about?

The kid one is called "Sinister".

I don't have kids and I'm not afraid of them so when I found out they were just kids going around killing their families I was like meh. Not gonna happen to me - no kids, and I'd kick that Bughul in the face for being a kiddy fiddler. But the lead up is incredibly disturbing.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    Insidious was one of the most recent really good, scary ones I've seen. The Grudge, an older one, had a lasting effect on me after seeing it in the theater, but I made my dad and little brother see it with me afterwards and they thought it wasn't that good so that kinda ruined it for me and now I don't think it's all that great. There was a freaky one about kids killing their family members because of some death demon or something, I can't remember the name but that was also scary. Started off with a hanging from a tree, and there was a scene with a pool and another with a lawnmower... at the very end it wa swith an ax. Know which one I'm talking about?

The kid one is called "Sinister".

I don't have kids and I'm not afraid of them so when I found out they were just kids going around killing their families I was like meh. Not gonna happen to me - no kids, and I'd kick that Bughul in the face for being a kiddy fiddler. But the lead up is incredibly disturbing.

Yeah the snuff films in that movie were creepy as hell. The Descent freaked me out, but not really the true horror aspects of it. The climbing and claustrophobic filming aspects were what was truly scary to me.

I Really enjoyed Pulse (the original foreign film). Very artistic.

Honestly, I don't scare easily and will be following this thread to get ideas!

• jeannette110
    jeannette110 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist - I've tried to watch it a few time, but I've still never seen the whole thing. I spend most of the movie with my hands over my eyes :o
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    There is a 1954 movie called "THEM", it scared me GIANT ANT MOVIE
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Paranormal activity (just the first one)
    Blair Witch Project
    The Crazies
    house of 1000 Corpses
    The Devil's Rejects
    The Hill have Eyes (one of the most disturbing things that I have ever seen)
    Hostel 1&2 (more gross then scary)
    And anything by Stephen King wins my vote!!