Food diary

chiefa2
chiefa2 Posts: 3 Member
Hi all , ive decided to come back to my fitness pal after 18 months away and was just going over my old food diary and the meals + snacks that's on the list. There are a few types of food I don't eat now (naughty food) and I was wondering if there is a way to delete them off my list as I don't want to see them as im worried it could be a type of trigger to revert back to eatin them if im viewing them on the list daily.

thanks in advance :~)

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    To my knowledge, no. Good time to practice saying "no" to yourself, or for incorporating them into your intake, but learning how to moderate them.
  • chiefa2
    thanks for the reply.. :~)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    What is a naughty food?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    You can remove items from your Recent Foods and Frequent foods lists if that's what you're asking. Each item has a check box and there's a Delete button at the bottom of the list.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    SueInAz wrote: »
    You can remove items from your Recent Foods and Frequent foods lists if that's what you're asking. Each item has a check box and there's a Delete button at the bottom of the list.
    No, a user can not remove items from the Recent list; the Recent list is just a database query of up to the last 100 items pulled from your Food Diary depending on whether you choose to display the results by Meal or by All Meals. The query is renewed each time you refresh the page. That is why you can not delete items from the Recent list.

@chiefa2
    If you want, you can change your default display to the Frequent list, from which you can hide previous food items that you added to your Food Diary and do not want to see displayed on a list of foods. On the Web version, navigate to FOOD > Settings and change Default Add Food View to Frequent. On the mobile apps, navigate to Settings > Diary Settings and set Default Search Tabs to Frequent.

The only way to have the Recent list not display those items that you added to your Food Diary is for you to go back to your Food Diary and delete all instances of those unwanted items from every day that you logged them. However, if you delete those unwanted entries from your Food Diary, be aware that your macros will not be correct for those previous days and any Reports, if you use that, will not be correct.

Please see these articles on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/374439-how-do-i-delete-an-entry-from-my-food-diary-
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/152746-can-i-remove-a-food-from-my-%22most-used%22-or-%22frequent%22-list-what-if-i-change-my-mind-

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    CyberTone wrote: »
    SueInAz wrote: »
    No, a user can not remove items from the Recent list; the Recent list is just a database query of up to the last 100 items pulled from your Food Diary depending on whether you choose to display the results by Meal or by All Meals. The query is renewed each time you refresh the page. That is why you can not delete items from the Recent list.

Ah, you're right. I saw the delete button on the one, checked the other tab and saw the checkboxes and didn't scroll down. :smile:
  • chiefa2
    cool thanks for the help