working out

Options
I usually work out five days 45 minutes each work out now due to the noise and complaining neighbors I wait to do my work out at boyfriend house Friday night I do one 45 minute work out and Saturday I do the 45 minute work out also on Sunday I do it twice a day is this still as effective as I'f I where doing it five separate days

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    No. But the difference shouldn't be significant.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Find something lower impact for home....and do higher impact at your boyfriends.

Plenty of low impact strength training ideas. It's the cardio that's typically the deal breaker.
  • yashimaynard638
    yashimaynard638 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    vorgas wrote: »
    No. But the difference shouldn't be significant.

I work out 45 min Friday two 45 minute work out Saturday Sunday is it still as effective S spreading it out in five day period
  • BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ^ yes. If you burn say 500 calories a workout (made that number up) you would be burning 2500 calories a week by working out assuming 5 times a week. That's the same whether you do it once a day five times, or if you have enough time and energy, twice a day. The only limitation I could see would be soreness and fatigue. If it makes you too sore or too tired to really give it your all on the next workout then splitting them up would be better. It might be hard to give 100% twice a day so the second bout may suffer. Less energy would mean less effort which would lead to less work being done and less calories burned. All in all, I'd say split it up if you can but no, you don't have to.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    As long as your intensity is the same, your calorie burn should be the same.
    I'd probably try to do cardio outside (go running, or bike rides) while at home, or strength training (weights, kettlebells, pilates, yoga) in order to get *something* done on the days you're home, but that's just me not liking to have days without some form of exercise.