blending water melon and....?

LVNF04
LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
Has anyone tried blending water melon, cucumber, and beets? Good? Bad? Oh no or ohhh yeah!

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Has anyone tried blending water melon, cucumber, and beets? Good? Bad? Oh no or ohhh yeah!

Doesn't sound like a combo I would like personally, but if you look up recipes on Pinterest or the web you could see reviews of people who've tried that combination or something similar.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    I like to blend my watermelon with lime juice and mint and make pops.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I was told it was good for you but it doesn't sound so appetizin and wanted to know if anyone tried anything remotely close to it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    That sounds horrible. I would eat them all separately but not together.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited July 2015
    Juiced (not blended) watermelon is good on it's own if you want a refreshing Summer drink.

You could also add raspberries, peaches, fresh basil or mint, and some lemon juice for extra acidity.
  • irisgal345
    irisgal345 Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2015
    I blend watermelon, then add in kiwi Blueberries, and peaches and make frozen fruit pops. I found a small mold that makes pops equal to 1/2 cup fruit!
  • NaomiLGS
    NaomiLGS Posts: 1 Member
    Watermelon and cucumber is an excellent combo. But I think the texture of the cuke doesn't work well for blending. You can infuse water with them together or just make a salad of them with a squeeze of lime juice and a tiny pinch of salt.