advice for getting rid of a "belly"

Options
I am trying to shift the pounds lost 6 - 19 to go lol. But I love exercising and have started to do it again. I am doing swimming once a week for an hour , and the gym for an hour 3 times a week and a 6 mile bike ride once a week. I do a mix of cardio and weights in the gym. But how does a 36 year old lose and tone a flabby belly? !

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. Your genetics dictate where your fat comes off of when you lose weight.

Eat in a caloric deficit, lift heavy and do whatever. It will all come off eventually.
  • cariadk928
    cariadk928 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    before i put the 2 stone on i still had no tummy even after having 4 kids so i can get rid of it
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can get rid of it with a caloric deficit. However, the amount of time that will take I cannot tell you. Just keep at it OP, take measurements and pictures so you can judge your progress.
  • cariadk928
    cariadk928 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks i have done that - i know i have lost an inch from everywhere.. and took pics this week.
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Diet.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Diet diet diet. That exercise isn't going to matter if your diet is CRAPPO. 80% legit nutrition (think, micros!), 20% fun foods. Or if you really want to be strict you can eliminate the fun foods altogether.