Over 40 and trying to loose 40

Options
2»

Replies

• megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    40 is the new 20! I turned 41 this past March.
    I lost over 80lbs after my last child was born and this Fall I am going to be taking the stage in my first ever bikini/Fitness Challenge - EEK! Lots of work ahead of me and WAY out of my comfort zone but I am ready to take this next step in my health & fitness.
    Here's to the 40s - We SO got this! TOGETHER
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Pretty much same here. Although not my first time. Lost 30lbs about 10 years ago. Now 41 and 40+lbs heavier, I am trying again. Stay focused and you can do it!
    372466gs wrote: »

So far it's worked for about 13 pounds in 3 weeks. But have noticed a huge difference in size.. so will go with it until I stall, and then figure out something else

Good luck all !

Great work.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and was a couch potato until a few years ago -- I've lost a little over 50 lbs. so far but have about 37 lbs. to go and they are the hardest to get off -- I loose some and regain some repeatedly.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I was. I'm 44 and lost 40 x 2 but would be more than happy to continue to support as I am on every day.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    I'm over 40 (ok, over 50 too) and just passed 40lbs-lost since x-mas 2014; you can join me for the next 40 if ya wanna... ya youngster
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just turned 41. Had a baby at 39 and have struggled with weight and joint pain ever since. Jogging was my weight cure-all in the past, but I'm unable to do it anymore. In addition to the calorie in/calorie out route I am exploring hormonal balance.
  • terryxxx2015
    terryxxx2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    this is quite a challenge. Who is over 40 and for the first time in life needs to loose weight? Don't want to be high school weight (like I could) but feel about 40 lbs ago was a good weight.

• hippytee
    hippytee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    47 with 22 more lbs too loose, feel free to add

• Strega
    Strega Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    47 with 50 lbs to lose
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I am almost 42. Was 50 lbs down and gained it all back. I cannot seem to begin this journey and could use the support. I feel so uncomfortable. I throw my back out if I breathe- lol. I also have leg pain. You would think these things would motivate me but I just cannot get started.
  • joepop333
    joepop333 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey..I just started into the program and am trying to get back into shape and better health. I'm new with the apps and the fitness tracker but it's really helping me figure out what I'm really doing on a daily basis. Looking for friends to help motivate and share!
  • Jacabyte
    Jacabyte Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Im over 40 and aiming just to bring my weight down... What weight & how long i take to do it is not an issue.. Aiming for 170lb which gives me 60lb to lose... Will i get there, only time will tell lol, but so far so good
  • marcosolism
    marcosolism Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, there's something about 40's we all want to be in shape, I'm 41 and I'm in that fase, trying to look and feel better....have a nice day everyone!
  • Lee_Fitnesspla
    Lee_Fitnesspla Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm over 40 with about 20 lbs to lose.

I am the poster child for "What the hell happened at 40?". Always been fit and healthy......then 40 came a knocking, LOL.

I'm mostly exercise focused but could be good for recipe or two. Feel free to add for support.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm with you ! I just turned 43, 3 days ago and am on my weightloss journey. Start date : Jan.12th 2016. I have lost 22.8 pounds so far and have 52 to go. ONe day, one meal, one workout at a time. Every little step counts :smile: Feel free to add me (anyone here who wishing to encourage each other)
    We got this !
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just turned 42. I lost 15 lbs right around my 40th birthday and have been maintaining for over 2 years now. MFP was a big key to my weight loss and now maintenance. You can do it!! :smile:
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I am 41, turning 42 this year! I want to lose about 45 more lbs! I have lots of muscle, now just trying to lose the fat so I can see it...LOL!!
  • esimmons6374
    esimmons6374 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im looking for a weight loss buddy
  • yooperMI
    yooperMI Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm have a lot in common with this group. Would love to lend and receive support!
  • plambertus
    plambertus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How has your weight loss journey been going? I'm starting at age 44 with 40 pounds to lose and a hysterectomy scheduled this spring.