Loosen up more?

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its a personal thing for each of us and if it works for you then thats fab.

I am going to 'wing it' for the next month to see how I fair and re-assess. Although it doesn't take much time to log I'm just feeling the need for a break from it after 3 yrs logging faithfully. I feel I am armed with knowledge now to go it alone but time will tell....
  • lisag0109
    lisag0109 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    husseycd wrote: »
    Our height/weight stats are the same. I log/weigh all my food during the week (most of the time), and I'm pretty strict with it. On weekends I don't log and I'm not as strict. This has been successful for me for many years.

I do eat at a small deficit on my logging days. It gives me a lot more freedom on the weekends. Your maintenance calories seem pretty low. Is waking your only exercise? Granted I work out quite a bit, but my maintenance cals are closer to 2200/day.

@husseycd, this is pretty much what I do as well, close to your same weight and height. Just out of curiosity does your weight then fluctuate at the beginning of the week and taper back down by the weekend? If so, do you find that frustrating, or have you learned to go with the flow so you can relax a little on weekends?
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    husseycd wrote: »
    Our height/weight stats are the same. I log/weigh all my food during the week (most of the time), and I'm pretty strict with it. On weekends I don't log and I'm not as strict. This has been successful for me for many years.

I do eat at a small deficit on my logging days. It gives me a lot more freedom on the weekends. Your maintenance calories seem pretty low. Is waking your only exercise? Granted I work out quite a bit, but my maintenance cals are closer to 2200/day.

Exactly this.

IMO you're eating more than you think you are.

I'm pretty sure I'm not eating more than I think except on like vacation. I still logging and weighing every single thing I eat and obsessing over it just as I did losing nearly 40 lbs this year. I don't think that's the case.

I'm still losing with the exception of vacation so if anything I'm not eating enough for maintenance. My goal weight I'd set at 130 and I have been fluctuating anywhere from 127-132 for a couple months now. If I start dropping down, I eat a little more and it balances out. I was just wondering if I shouldn't obsess as much in maintenance and eat fitbit calories.

Like today being a holiday...I will log breakfast and lunch but I'm eating whatever for dinner and not weighing it and obsessing over it. I have luckily fluctuated back down this week so I should be fine regardless.